1998 NCAA Tournament: Charlotte vs. UNC-CH

Final (OT): Chapel Hill 93, Charlotte 83

Video, Part 1: [URL]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L37A6LZZ[/URL]

If you have any pictures, post them. I can’t find any.

I’ll go ahead and say it… for those who were rolling their eyes that the win vs. Xavier got a thread… you’d better be up in arms about this one.

I'll go ahead and say it... for those who were rolling their eyes that the win vs. Xavier got a thread... you'd better be up in arms about this one.

Anyone who still has a problem can just stop viewing these threads since I already explained the criteria for what threads get made. You people can be really ridiculous sometimes.

I'll go ahead and say it... for those who were rolling their eyes that the win vs. Xavier got a thread... you'd better be up in arms about this one.
A regular season upset in a very forgettable year with an underachieving team, or a 2nd round NCAA Tournament game that went to OT against a #1/#1 ranked and #1 seeded team and the team a lot of us have in our Top 5 Most Hated. Nope, this thread's game is bigger.

Either way, hopefully the people who were up in arms realize that this is not a historical highlights section but a compendium of all our history.

A regular season upset in a very forgettable year with an underachieving team, or a 2nd round NCAA Tournament game that went to OT against a #1/#1 ranked and #1 seeded team and the team a lot of us have in our Top 5 Most Hated. Nope, this thread's game is bigger.

Either way, hopefully the people who were up in arms realize that this is not a historical highlights section but a compendium of all our history.

The first part is not necessary. The second part is all that matters.

Demarco

Diego’s 3 to send it to OT

Kelvin Price

There are way too many whiners on this board.

I’m tired of all the whining.

You don’t like something that’s being done, then you do it.

Until then, stop whining. :weep::weep::weep:

Awesome game. Foul trouble kept the Niners from being competitive in overtime.

If you have any pictures, post them. I can't find any.
You must not have tried very hard. :tongue: [IMG]http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/311437.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193B3EA2C03450C94860E156AB8C76764E8284831B75F48EF45[/IMG]

Not of us at all but apparently from that game:

Again:

[QUOTE=thelew1014;403140]I’ll go ahead and say it… for those who were rolling their eyes that the win vs. Xavier got a thread… you’d better be up in arms about this one.[/QUOTE]
Why? This game was 20 times bigger than the Xavier game.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1012304/2/index.htm

A third former Smith assistant, Bill Guthridge, was luckier. His top-seeded Tar Heels, in their first encounter with neighbor UNC Charlotte, were taken to the barricades of overtime by hoops revolutionary Diego (Trey) Guevara, who tied the game with a final-seconds three-point volley from the hills. Only flawless free throw shooting—the Tar Heels made their last 17 in a row—saved Carolina from elimination.

At least I didn’t post photos that don’t actually work, Will. :slight_smile:

At least I didn't post photos that don't actually work, Will. :)
Hey hey hey. They are still from the game.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;403152]Why? This game was 20 times bigger than the Xavier game.[/QUOTE]

I agree that this should be threaded, as it was a big game. My post was targeted ad those who were complaining that we were recognizing the Xavier game.

However, to say that a loss is 20 times bigger than any win is ridiculous, and pretty much admits that we’re not a proud program. To qualify yourself with “Yeah, well, we went to overtime vs. a 1 seed” is pretty sad if you lost in overtime.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;403159]I agree that this should be threaded, as it was a big game. My post was targeted ad those who were complaining that we were recognizing the Xavier game.

However, to say that a loss is 20 times bigger than any win is ridiculous, and pretty much admits that we’re not a proud program. To qualify yourself with “Yeah, well, we went to overtime vs. a 1 seed” is pretty sad if you lost in overtime.[/QUOTE]
It was a bigger game, win or lose.

[B]I agree that this should be threaded, as it was a big game.[/B] My post was targeted ad those who were complaining that we were recognizing the Xavier game.

What do I have to do to get across that the magnitude of the game is not the major qualification for what gets its own thread and what doesn’t?

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;403160]It was a bigger game, win or lose.[/QUOTE]

That’s pretty sad.

If it were an overtime loss to Arizona, would you still consider it more important than a win in another game?

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;403163]What do I have to do to get across that the magnitude of the game is not the major qualification for what gets its own thread and what doesn’t?[/QUOTE]

You already have. I understand. We’re on to discussing the game.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;403164]That’s pretty sad.

If it were an overtime loss to Arizona, would you still consider it more important than a win in another game?[/QUOTE]
If Arizona was the top seed, and the game was in the second round of the NCAA Tournament, then yeah.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;403152]Why? This game was 20 times bigger than the Xavier game.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I really feel sorry for some of you students where the greatest Niner win you have seen is this year’s Eggsavier win. It’s not even in the same league as the importance of this Chapel Hill game. That game was heart breaking.

I was in Cincinnati the week before for the '98 conference tournament (another heart breaking loss to Cincy in the championship game). My buddy got thrown out of the Shoe after our semifinal game against Southern Miss for yelling at Huggins. What an awesome memory!

I guess I am lucky, we played in the conference championship game my sophomore (lost to Marquette), junior (lost to Cincy), and senior years (beat Louisville).