1st Car/College Car/Fav Car

clt asks if you have the dreaded leather ripple below the windshield?

First car was the 69 Malibu w/307. Looked just like this one except for the Cragars.

My favorite though is the 2001 M Roadster S54 sitting in my garage. This thing will fly.

IMG-20120314-00004

2 Likes

I believe this phenomenon was caused by Jewish space lasers

1 Like

Loved my 6cyl - really wanted an M when I just bought a car but wife said I needed 4 seats (kids!) so landed with the G37. Love the M roadsters though. Blast to drive!

After five years of ownership, I don’t have a single defect. Other than some scratches on the plastic in the cargo area from me, and a small spot my dog did, my interior looks identical to the day I drove it off the dealer’s lot.

That’s a lot more than I can say for my wife’s European car five years in. Broken trunk arms that holds the trunk up and prevents it from hitting you on the head. Interior panels falling apart. It wasn’t until year 8, but the headliner coming down. It’s also unnecessarily difficult to change the oil or work on. First and last VW for us.

1 Like

When I owned a bmw, I kept hearing the same jokes from my friends. Like, what’s the difference between a bmw and a cactus? The cactus has pricks on the outside:).

I have always liked the bmw roadsters.

I bought my wife a badass German car a few years ago. Audi SQ5 with aftermarket racing exhaust, shocks and it was lowered for better cornering. I about gave my father a heart attack just seeing how fast I could get the all wheel drive to go around a traffic roundabout without losing traction. Just flying around one roundabout at night with no traffic with Dad begging for mercy. It was fun for me :).

People would complement her about her grocery getter

1 Like

I drove a hummer in the Army

5 Likes

I got a hummer in colville :smirk:

Bought a '63 Chevy Impala SS (Super Sport) in '69 after I graduated from HS that looked exactly like this. Drove it until I graduated from college.

3 Likes

My favorite is my current car. '19 Honda Accord EX.
IMG_0596

Drove a '70 Chevy Nova that looked like this from behind in the mid
IMG_0370
70s to '80.

9 Likes

1986 Honda Accord. It had about 20,000 miles on it, at most. I was 14, hit 90 mph on a Devil’s broken and twisted back bone road, spun 400 feet, jumped a ditch backwards, through an abandoned barb wire fence, into the woods, without a seat belt, and causing nothing but a bump on top of my head, a disappointed yet thankful mother and a near murderous father. So I guess that should be my favorite. It may have been an 87 accord. My memory is off. Edit2, I think I might have been 13.

1 Like

First car - 1972 Toyota Celica - 700 bucks in 1984
God I loved that car.

College Car - 1983 Nissan 200SX

Favorite Car - 1972 Toyota Celica, cause it’s never as good as the first time. Unless I could afford a Corvette. Then maybe it would be better than the first time, lol

2 Likes

65 Galaxy 390
My buddy on the CrossCountry team was a mechanic (among other things) and always kept it running for me.

1 Like

My grandmother owned a Galaxie. That thing was a land yacht. Not safest dash in the world. It was mostly parked but sometimes she would let my brother drive it. I would love to own one.

My dad used to own a Chevy II, which we all hated except him. Now, I would cherish and polish one. I have seen a few on the road and they always look killer now. In one his few mistakes, my brother went off the road, over corrected and the Chevy II somehow flipped onto it’s top into a yard on the other side of the road. My brother came out ok and probably didn’t have his seat belt on, meaning we both must be lucky

1 Like

1053 green Chevrolet 110 sedan. You all are youngsters.

1 Like

This is a fun thread. Its also a sad reminder that the core of our fan base is getting old.

1 Like

Those plates are :fire: I am sure they would raise a pretty penny on eBay.

Yep. Hate I gave it up. Duh. Here are two more plates I’ve had in the past.

I have a NINER related plate now.

4 Likes