2008 Olmpics Thread

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/news/story?id=3547713

Finally.

"Discrepancies" have come to light about the age of He Kexin, an IOC official told The Times. The Chinese gymnast could be stripped of her team and individual gold medals if an the IOC inquiry proves she is not 16 years old.

An investigation was triggered when a computer analyst from the U.S. claimed to have discovered Chinese government documents that prove He is 14 – making her ineligible to compete in the Olympics.

Mike Walker, a computer security analyst, told The Times he found two documents he claims had been removed from a Chinese government Web site. The documents, he said, state He’s birthday is Jan. 1, 1994 – not Jan. 1, 1992, which is printed in her passport.

I’m still dubious as to whether the investigation will have any teeth, but we’ll see.

Watched the closing ceremony last night. Was it me or did the mayor of London look like a slob? I am 6 foot tall, no hair, and over 250 pounds, so I know a slob when I see one.

Anyone agree?

[QUOTE=49CentsWorth;334664]Watched the closing ceremony last night. Was it me or did the mayor of London look like a slob? I am 6 foot tall, no hair, and over 250 pounds, so I know a slob when I see one.

Anyone agree?[/QUOTE]

I’m close, but not quite a slob, based on those characteristics.

Anyway, back on topic, didn’t see much of last night, but did see him and you are DOBA.

Jimmy Page playing “Whole Lotta Love” was quite a contrast from the Chinese music I heard. – could be interesting in 2012, if that is the theme (British rock) they are working with. Might actually make me want to watch the 2012 ceremonies.