2009 NN.NIT selection

Since kevinharbin is starting up his selection for the POY, Ill start the NNNIT selection.

Basically, I dont really care who makes it into this tournament, as long as he/she is a current/active poster. I had a formula to pick last years field, but one half of the criteria has been eliminated from the site.

This is where you all come in.

Help me select a field. Post who you think should be in the NNNIT. The only requirements I have are : 1) Not in the POY tournament. 2) Active poster

Nominate as many or as few people as you want. I’ll use your picks over the next few weeks to select my field of 32.

Since kevinharbin is starting up his selection for the POY, Ill start the NNNIT selection.

Basically, I dont really care who makes it into this tournament, as long as he/she is a current/active poster. I had a formula to pick last years field, but one half of the criteria has been eliminated from the site.

This is where you all come in.

Help me select a field. Post who you think should be in the NNNIT. The only requirements I have are : 1) Not in the POY tournament. 2) Active poster

Nominate as many or as few people as you want. I’ll use your picks over the next few weeks to select my field of 32.

I nominate arn for this quote…

“Mr. Sparty is to NN.net as the 49ers are to the Observer… the latter organizations acknowledge the existence of the formers only when they are absolutely forced to”

I think ranking #91 puts me on the bubble. If I don’t make it again this year I’m sponsoring the NN.N CBI.

It will be a banner year for the ole donkey.

I have to get some points for my contributions to the PVT right?? Please? Lax you know Im here almost as much as you…

There were NNNIT participants who were ranked #250+. state your case in the proper thread and ill consider it.

I never got my NNNIT Reject Banner last year. I think the only way to compensate me is to award me the #1 overall seed for the entire tournament…and also rig my match-ups so that I win automatically. Go ahead and just give me the trophy.

I nominate myself this year, as I was snubbed last year.

Bumping this because it was hidden!!!

Anyone want to nominate me? :49ers:

I nominate arn for this quote...

“Mr. Sparty is to NN.net as the 49ers are to the Observer… the latter organizations acknowledge the existence of the formers only when they are absolutely forced to”

Even I find that slightly amusing coming from you guys, of course.

[QUOTE=spartyniner;387126]Even I find that slightly amusing coming from you guys, of course.[/QUOTE]

Every time I look at Sparty’s picture all I can think about is that I need to work out more!

Mr. SpartyNiner, winner of life’s lottery!:tongue:

[QUOTE=Hooner49;387105]Anyone want to nominate me? :49ers:[/QUOTE]

I’ll nominate you if you nominate me.

i never said you couldnt nominate yourself…

i never said you couldnt nominate yourself.......

I graciously accept a nomination from myself. Thanks again #1 fan.

I want to be in the NIT.

What I’ve brought to the Nation

1. I’ve been on boards for 15 years defending the Niners from all foes. If you back to AOL’s Metro board, you’ll find a post from me calling Virginia Tech the 65 best team in the country for winning the 1995 NIT. The Advocate can back me on this.
  2. I’ve been banned from a Louisville board, a UAB board, a Memphis board and a Fordham board (for ragging on their rough looking cheerleaders)
  3. I ran with 49erpi when I was in college
  4. I lobbied for Charles’ #45 to be a number of honor given to the player who gave the most effort (kind of a Chucky Mullins thing). I am OK that this didn’t go thru.
  5. I stormed the court twice in college and have looked on approvingly as an alum twice.
  6. I caught two foul balls at the Niner vs. HPU games played in Greensboro a few years ago. I gave both balls to kids.
  7. I watched us lose to X in the tourney a few years back with HP (shameless namedropping, see #3)
  8. I’m the defending two time “avatar of the year” poster.
  9. I’m a future owner of two FSL’s.
  10. I’ve had over 600 posts and not one has been bad. Examples: post #413 “I hear ya,” post #519 “Zip it, Bait” and post #650 “Word.”
  11. I suggested the marking of the 49 yard lines on the football field instead of the 50.

Screw the NIT.
Kevinharbin, put me in the big dance. I’ve played my way in.

Tintin

I’m nominate darren, he’s the man. THE UNIVERSITY OF CHARLOTTE OR BUST!

Hooner49 gets a nomination from me too. Does the winner get a free FSL?

I want to be in the NIT.

What I’ve brought to the Nation

1. I’ve been on boards for 15 years defending the Niners from all foes. If you back to AOL’s Metro board, you’ll find a post from me calling Virginia Tech the 65 best team in the country for winning the 1995 NIT. The Advocate can back me on this.
  2. I’ve been banned from a Louisville board, a UAB board, a Memphis board and a Fordham board (for ragging on their rough looking cheerleaders)
  3. I ran with 49erpi when I was in college
  4. I lobbied for Charles’ #45 to be a number of honor given to the player who gave the most effort (kind of a Chucky Mullins thing). I am OK that this didn’t go thru.
  5. I stormed the court twice in college and have looked on approvingly as an alum twice.
  6. I caught two foul balls at the Niner vs. HPU games played in Greensboro a few years ago. I gave both balls to kids.
  7. I watched us lose to X in the tourney a few years back with HP (shameless namedropping, see #3)
  8. I’m the defending two time “avatar of the year” poster.
  9. I’m a future owner of two FSL’s.
  10. I’ve had over 600 posts and not one has been bad. Examples: post #413 “I hear ya,” post #519 “Zip it, Bait” and post #650 “Word.”
  11. I suggested the marking of the 49 yard lines on the football field instead of the 50.

Screw the NIT.
Kevinharbin, put me in the big dance. I’ve played my way in.

Tintin

I accept nominations by PM.

I will be sending out invitations via PM tomorrow. It will be up to you whether or not you decide to participate. As far as I know, you can participate in both tournaments, but Ill leave that final decision up to kevinharbin, so choose wisely.

The tournament has a tentative start date of March 16, that way the student participants will be back from spring break.

Why not wait until after the POY tourney field is announced?!1eleven?

[QUOTE=J Felt;388523]Why not wait until after the POY tourney field is announced?!1eleven?[/QUOTE]

Make things interesting. Also, that way we dont have both tournaments running at the same time.