2010-2011 NBA MVP

This is probably already a done deal. But just for curiosity, what do you think? I allowed 3 votes per person because with the low number of votes, it may help determine 2nd and 3rd place.

KD twice?

The fact that Dwight Howard has one vote, obviously me, is crazy. Paul Pierce before DH? Without Dwight, Orlando is sub .500 easy. Same could be said about Rose. They are clearly top two. Heat w/o LJ would still be 5-6 best team in east.

I only used 1 vote, Derrick Rose.

Matt Carroll.

Me too.

Nowitski, Love and Ginobili.

racist

If you seriously do not believe Rose should get it, you need your head checked.

I figured Rose would be a run away winner. That’s why I allowed 3 options, so it would help determine 2nd and 3rd place.

I wanted to give Love some love. I seriously believe that he individually had the best season. Butt Minnesota is so bad I just couldn’t do it.

I wanted to give Love some love. I seriously believe that he individually had the best season. Butt Minnesota is so bad I just couldn’t do it.[/quote]

He’ll likely win Most Improved Player this year.

I wanted to give Love some love. I seriously believe that he individually had the best season. Butt Minnesota is so bad I just couldn’t do it.[/quote]

He’ll likely win Most Improved Player this year.[/quote]

Yeah. He was putting up insane, Moses Malone numbers, that will mostly go unnoticed.

So do you think Moses Malone is the closest comparison to Love?

So do you think Moses Malone is the closest comparison to Love?[/quote]

Off the top of my head, probably so. The game’s different now, so Love is going to take a lot more 3 pointers. He’s not going to get close to the FT attempts Moses got either.

You could also say Charles Barkley, in terms of the 3 point shooting. Maybe also like a Horace Grant or Kevin Willis.

The big question is if he’s going to have the longevity these guys had. They were all work horses.

So do you think Moses Malone is the closest comparison to Love?[/quote]

Off the top of my head, probably so. The game’s different now, so Love is going to take a lot more 3 pointers. He’s not going to get close to the FT attempts Moses got either.

You could also say Charles Barkley, in terms of the 3 point shooting. Maybe also like a Horace Grant or Kevin Willis.

The big question is if he’s going to have the longevity these guys had. They were all work horses.[/quote]

Another question is will he ever play on a team with more than 30 wins?

Another question is will he ever play on a team with more than 30 wins?[/quote]

I got to believe he will be picked up at some point, on a contending team(not this season). Because he’s great at what he does and won’t command top dollar. He would be perfect with somebody like SA.

NLP is definitely a racist, but we already knew this.

Rose has got it, but I agree with the earlier poster regarding Dwight Howard.

Anthony Randolph averaging 28 ppg and 13 rpg replacing Love so far does not help Love’s MVP credibility.

We are idiots. :)) Dirk came in last place without a single vote. I’ve heard rumors that the NBA is considering moving the MVP vote until after the playoffs for reasons exactly like our unscientific poll. Even as well as Dirk played in the playoffs, I’m not sure he would have surpassed Rose. But who knows. Lebron played Rose fairly well, while nobody really shut Dirk down. Dirk finished 6th in the actual NBA vote.