2010 POY Tournament/NNNIT

It’s about that time again. Something to help distract us from our misery.

Depending on kevinharbin, I’d like to get things rolling for this years POY and NNNIT tournaments.

And if kevin pleases, I would like to take over both of this years tournaments using the same formats as usual.

And if anyone would like to be on the NNNIT selection committee, then hit me up either in this thread or PM

I just hope I make the field of 64 this year…

Is it that time of the year again already? I won the play in game last year and put up a good fight at upsetting the #1.

I hope a pull a Wofford and my my first appearance.

Lets get it rolling - I feel like I am on the hot seat and if I can’t get into the S16 I fear my AD might fire me.

Look, I finished top 4 in the toughest conference on the board, it doesn’t matter that I spent most of the noncon playing against various schools for the blind, I won all the games and that’s all that matters.

And those ridiculous claims about my players receiving fur coats and laptops are baseless accusations!

[quote=“J Felt, post:6, topic:22742”]Look, I finished top 4 in the toughest conference on the board, it doesn’t matter that I spent most of the noncon playing against various schools for the blind, I won all the games and that’s all that matters.

And those ridiculous claims about my players receiving fur coats and laptops are baseless accusations![/quote]

I think you need the Stache back - that might save you this season - wait, nevermind.

SPARTY FTW! ;D

I hope that if I do make it, I don’t get matched up against Sparty in the tourney, though she did say I was hot.

Sparty has an unfair advantage on this board - she practically has a guarantee into the S16.

Is there any way to move these posting somewhere else once this crap starts. Last year was terrible, with all of these “matchups” on the front page. It’s pretty ridiculous guys. I come here for information on Niner sports since the O is always a day or two behind. I’m definitely not here to vote on who out nerded who this year.

And if you want to say that I am mad because I’m not in these stupid brackets, just stop and say this out loud, or to someone who doesn’t come to this board, or maybe a freakin GIRL and not feel stupid/embarrassed…“Today I am spending my time voting on who was a better message board poster on a mid level D1 University website.” :-[

When I hear that I immediately think of that Neil kid from family guy saying it while adjusting his belt buckle and extra large glasses…

[quote=“jds2007, post:11, topic:22742”]Is there any way to move these posting somewhere else once this crap starts. Last year was terrible, with all of these “matchups” on the front page. It’s pretty ridiculous guys. I come here for information on Niner sports since the O is always a day or two behind. I’m definitely not here to vote on who out nerded who this year.

And if you want to say that I am mad because I’m not in these stupid brackets, just stop and say this out loud, or to someone who doesn’t come to this board, or maybe a freakin GIRL and not feel stupid/embarrassed…“Today I am spending my time voting on who was a better message board poster on a mid level D1 University website.” :-[

When I hear that I immediately think of that Neil kid from family guy saying it while adjusting his belt buckle and extra large glasses…[/quote]

While the tournament provides some interesting fodder for awhile in the dead times when nothing else is going on, perhaps we should hold off on this until at least the coach issues is settled. We will most likely have a higher than normal number of visitors and lurkers checking things out and what the rumor is. I am ok with this.

I’ve done the measurements, and a POY thread is the exact same as any other thread. The Hoon’s ready.

[quote=“The Lax, post:1, topic:22742”]It’s about that time again. Something to help distract us from our misery.

Depending on kevinharbin, I’d like to get things rolling for this years POY and NNNIT tournaments.

And if kevin pleases, I would like to take over both of this years tournaments using the same formats as usual.

And if anyone would like to be on the NNNIT selection committee, then hit me up either in this thread or PM[/quote]

I’ve asked two times for a forumn to be created for the 2010 POY and it hasn’t happened yet. I’m all set as soon as I get one.

I think I beat sparty last year. I dont want to have to go through that again. All those back alley deals and steak dinners took a lot out of me.

[quote=“J Felt, post:6, topic:22742”]Look, I finished top 4 in the toughest conference on the board, it doesn’t matter that I spent most of the noncon playing against various schools for the blind, I won all the games and that’s all that matters.

And those ridiculous claims about my players receiving fur coats and laptops are baseless accusations![/quote]
It’s posts like this that make the POY tournaments quite enjoyable.

[quote=“kevinharbin, post:14, topic:22742”][quote=“The Lax, post:1, topic:22742”]It’s about that time again. Something to help distract us from our misery.

And if anyone would like to be on the NNNIT selection committee, then hit me up either in this thread or PM[/quote]

I’ve asked two times for a forumn to be created for the 2010 POY and it hasn’t happened yet. I’m all set as soon as I get one.[/quote]
On the ball, I see. Well done, sir. I shall do the NNNIT as usual once youre brackets have been published

Maybe the NNNIT Runner up can jump up to the big dance again. My AD isnt going to settle for NNNIT appearances…or I could be looking for a gig soon.

I feel like I could have posted better over the last year and will understand if I’m sent to the NIT.

[quote=“jds2007, post:11, topic:22742”]Is there any way to move these posting somewhere else once this crap starts. Last year was terrible, with all of these “matchups” on the front page. It’s pretty ridiculous guys. I come here for information on Niner sports since the O is always a day or two behind. I’m definitely not here to vote on who out nerded who this year.

When I hear that I immediately think of that Neil kid from family guy saying it while adjusting his belt buckle and extra large glasses…[/quote]
someone’s a cranky puss

Do we have to do this again? We have quite a bit to discuss right now. Don’t need the board getting clogged up with all these brackets.