2013 Bracketology

Jerry Palm has 4 from A-10 in his initial offering: Butler, Dayton, Temple, and VCU; one from C-USA: Southern Miss.

CBSSports.com: Predicting the 2013 men’s NCAA tournament

I can’t imagine a scenario in which this A10 only gets 4 in, unless the top 10 of the league just kills each other throughout the entire conference season or something crazy like that.

I’m glad the C-USA we will be moving into is much different than the one that exist currently. With the A10 being shaken up, I still think we are in the best spot for our University, and even for Basketball.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:2, topic:27309”]I can’t imagine a scenario in which this A10 only gets 4 in, unless the top 10 of the league just kills each other throughout the entire conference season or something crazy like that.

I’m glad the C-USA we will be moving into is much different than the one that exist currently. With the A10 being shaken up, I still think we are in the best spot for our University, and even for Basketball.[/quote]

The league falls off steeply after the top 3, I’m glad to be 11-2 but we certainly haven’t put together an NCAA resume, Dayton barely has one, but I think they will struggle in league play. If the A10 wants 4+ then the Top 3 (VCU, Temple, Butler) all need to take care of business, avoid home losses. One or two teams need to stand out from the middle of the pack by winning 10+ games in conference. SLU is likely because they get a key player back, but I can’t say with certainty any other team will win 10 games in conference. There will be a lot of teams in the 7 to 9 win range, and with how the conference has under performed, that won’t get Saint Joe’s, Xavier, Dayton, La Salle, Massachusetts, Richmond or even Charlotte an at-large bid.

I think the league gets at least 4 in, one way or another. A10 is expected to finish ahead of the SEC in rpi, and not too far behind the Big 12. It’s also likely at least one or two of those 9-7, 8-8 predicted teams win a couple extra. 10 wins is definitely bubble, 11 wins gets you in I think.

[quote=“Run49er, post:1, topic:27309”]Jerry Palm has 4 from A-10 in his initial offering: Butler, Dayton, Temple, and VCU; one from C-USA: Southern Miss.

CBSSports.com: Predicting the 2013 men’s NCAA tournament[/quote]

Southern Miss will not be in the big dance. Memphis will take care of business when conference play starts.

Our win at Davidson looks a little better after they beat Richmond on the road last night.

Yeah, and we’ll have to beat Richmond AT Richmond too.

Yes it does. Richmond beat Wake too although that is no longer a big deal.

Andy Glockner has the following A-10 teams on his initial “Bubble Watch 2013” (listed per current RPI):

Butler
Temple
VCU
UMass
La Salle
Saint Louis
St. Joe’s
Dayton

About Charlotte and Xavier he says: “We’ll wait and see on both.”

SI.com: Bubble Watch 2013: A first glimpse into the nation’s NCAA contenders

As concerns teams making the Big Dance, he goes with Butler, Saint Louis, Temple, and VCU in this list:

SI.com: Bracket Watch - Jan 8

[quote=“Run49er, post:9, topic:27309”]Andy Glockner has the following A-10 teams on his initial “Bubble Watch 2013” (listed per current RPI):

Butler
Temple
VCU
UMass
La Salle
Saint Louis
St. Joe’s
Dayton

About Charlotte and Xavier he says: “We’ll wait and see on both.”

SI.com: Bubble Watch 2013: A first glimpse into the nation’s NCAA contenders

As concerns teams making the Big Dance, he goes with Butler, Saint Louis, Temple, and VCU in this list:

SI.com: Bracket Watch - Jan 8[/quote]

We were mentioned. I don’t care what the context was… the fact that we were mentioned in a bracketology page is a hell of a lot more than I expected this year.

This Major’s 3rd year. It is time we start getting mentioned again. It sure feels good to be relevant again after the last 2 years.

Latest…

CBSSports.com: 2013 NCAA Basketball Tournament Prediction - Jan 22

ESPN.com: Bracketology - Jan 22

SI.com: Bubble Watch - Jan 22

At this point in the season, these two like Butler, La Salle, Temple, and VCU from the A-10.

CBSSports.com: 2013 NCAA Basketball Tournament Prediction - Jan 28

Sportingnews.com: Field of 68 - Jan 28

[quote=“Run49er, post:13, topic:27309”]At this point in the season, these two like Butler, La Salle, Temple, and VCU from the A-10.

Sportingnews.com: Field of 68 - Jan 28[/quote]

Pretty interesting. 4 a-10 teams in including LaSalle and Temple. Sweep Temple and we own LaSalle, throw in one big win with no WTF losses and I say we can take Temple’s spot.

[quote=“upperdeck, post:14, topic:27309”][quote=“Run49er, post:13, topic:27309”]At this point in the season, these two like Butler, La Salle, Temple, and VCU from the A-10.

Pretty interesting. 4 a-10 teams in including LaSalle and Temple. Sweep Temple and we own LaSalle, throw in one big win with no WTF losses and I say we can take Temple’s spot.[/quote]

Temple has a win over a then #3 Syracuse. We have no such win. Even if we sweep Temple it may not be enough. (Although how you think we win anywhere else but Halton after the GW game is beyond me) We would also need to beat a top ten Butler. Then Maybe.

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:15, topic:27309”][quote=“upperdeck, post:14, topic:27309”][quote=“Run49er, post:13, topic:27309”]At this point in the season, these two like Butler, La Salle, Temple, and VCU from the A-10.

Pretty interesting. 4 a-10 teams in including LaSalle and Temple. Sweep Temple and we own LaSalle, throw in one big win with no WTF losses and I say we can take Temple’s spot.[/quote]

Temple has a win over a then #3 Syracuse. We have no such win. Even if we sweep Temple it may not be enough. (Although how you think we win anywhere else but Halton after the GW game is beyond me) We would also need to beat a top ten Butler. Then Maybe.[/quote]

No, not maybe…If Charlotte holds serve at home (includes VCU and Temple) AND beat Butler we would be in the NCAA, no ifs and or buts…however, there is NO way we will do this, IMO. I hope to be wrong!

[quote=“919R, post:16, topic:27309”][quote=“Honest Niner, post:15, topic:27309”][quote=“upperdeck, post:14, topic:27309”][quote=“Run49er, post:13, topic:27309”]At this point in the season, these two like Butler, La Salle, Temple, and VCU from the A-10.

Temple has a win over a then #3 Syracuse. We have no such win. Even if we sweep Temple it may not be enough. (Although how you think we win anywhere else but Halton after the GW game is beyond me) We would also need to beat a top ten Butler. Then Maybe.[/quote]

No, not maybe…If Charlotte holds serve at home (includes VCU and Temple) AND beat Butler we would be in the NCAA, no ifs and or buts…however, there is NO way we will do this, IMO. I hope to be wrong![/quote]

You can’t be suggesting that those three wins and all othe home wins will outshine two blowout losses and losses to Temple, St. Louis, the Bonnie’s, as well as perhaps Duquesne? We would have to not only hold serve but also beat Butler, Bonnie’s, and Duquesne as well. Basically we can only lose two more games the rest of the way. I also don’t think that will happen.

Yeah, I agree there is no way that happens, mostly because we’re not gonna beat Butler at Butler. Temple and VCU at home is totally doable.

If Butler were the only other team we lost to, we’d get in no problem also (but that would mean a road win at Temple). If we hold serve at home and win at Duquesne and SBU, I think we’re firmly on the bubble. Probably an NIT team, depending on how we do in the A-10 tournament and other conferences shake out.

Regardless of how we feel about the losses, we don’t have a bad loss yet. LaSalle is a good win. GWU is not a 150+ rpi team and is 4-2 in conference (with TWO road wins). As long as we stay in single digit losses, we have a shot at the NCAA tournament.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:18, topic:27309”]If Butler were the only other team we lost to, we’d get in no problem also (but that would mean a road win at Temple). If we hold serve at home and win at Duquesne and SBU, I think we’re firmly on the bubble. Probably an NIT team, depending on how we do in the A-10 tournament and other conferences shake out.

Regardless of how we feel about the losses, we don’t have a bad loss yet. LaSalle is a good win. GWU is not a 150+ rpi team and is 4-2 in conference (with TWO road wins). As long as we stay in single digit losses, we have a shot at the NCAA tournament.[/quote]

I agree with this. If we cross 8 losses then I think we’re squarely on the bubble, probably on the outside looking in.

Having said that, an NIT bid for this team after the last two years would not see me complain at all. I would count it a big success with the expecation we improve on it next year.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2013-01-28/ncaa-tournament-2013-bracket-projection-march-madness-kansas-field-68

[font=apres re][font=Apres RE][b]Four Atlantic 10 teams:[/b] 3. Butler, 8. VCU, 10. La Salle, 11. Temple[/font][/font] [font=apres re][font=Apres RE] [b]On the outside:[/b] Saint Louis, Charlotte, Massachusetts, Saint Joseph’s, Xavier[/font][/font]