2013 Bracketology

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:17, topic:27309”]You can’t be suggesting that those three wins and all othe home wins will outshine two blowout losses and losses to Temple, St. Louis, the Bonnie’s, as well as perhaps Duquesne? We would have to not only hold serve but also beat Butler, Bonnie’s, and Duquesne as well. Basically we can only lose two more games the rest of the way. I also don’t think that will happen.[/quote]I think the bubble is softer/bigger than you think it is. I agree it’s unlikely the Niners would win all those games, but if they do, they are definitely on the bubble. That would put them at 10-6 in the conference, in a year the A10 is likely to get at least 4 bids. They win that Duquesne game as well, and at 11-5, I think the Niners would get in. All the other teams in that range of the ratings have serious negative points as well. This is what happens when you have 68 spots and a number of down conferences (Big 12, ACC, SEC, Pac12 are not that impressive once you get past the top 2-4 teams this year).

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:17, topic:27309”][quote=“919R, post:16, topic:27309”][quote=“Honest Niner, post:15, topic:27309”][quote=“upperdeck, post:14, topic:27309”][quote=“Run49er, post:13, topic:27309”]At this point in the season, these two like Butler, La Salle, Temple, and VCU from the A-10.

CBSSports.com: 2013 NCAA Basketball Tournament Prediction - Jan 28

Sportingnews.com: Field of 68 - Jan 28[/quote]

Pretty interesting. 4 a-10 teams in including LaSalle and Temple. Sweep Temple and we own LaSalle, throw in one big win with no WTF losses and I say we can take Temple’s spot.[/quote]

Temple has a win over a then #3 Syracuse. We have no such win. Even if we sweep Temple it may not be enough. (Although how you think we win anywhere else but Halton after the GW game is beyond me) We would also need to beat a top ten Butler. Then Maybe.[/quote]

No, not maybe…If Charlotte holds serve at home (includes VCU and Temple) AND beat Butler we would be in the NCAA, no ifs and or buts…however, there is NO way we will do this, IMO. I hope to be wrong![/quote]

You can’t be suggesting that those three wins and all othe home wins will outshine two blowout losses and losses to Temple, St. Louis, the Bonnie’s, as well as perhaps Duquesne? We would have to not only hold serve but also beat Butler, Bonnie’s, and Duquesne as well. Basically we can only lose two more games the rest of the way. I also don’t think that will happen.[/quote]

I will just agree to disagree.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:18, topic:27309”]Yeah, I agree there is no way that happens, mostly because we’re not gonna beat Butler at Butler. Temple and VCU at home is totally doable.

If Butler were the only other team we lost to, we’d get in no problem also (but that would mean a road win at Temple). If we hold serve at home and win at Duquesne and SBU, I think we’re firmly on the bubble. Probably an NIT team, depending on how we do in the A-10 tournament and other conferences shake out.

Regardless of how we feel about the losses, we don’t have a bad loss yet. LaSalle is a good win. GWU is not a 150+ rpi team and is 4-2 in conference (with TWO road wins). As long as we stay in single digit losses, we have a shot at the NCAA tournament.[/quote]

Agreed, we’re not in a place where we have to win the conference tournament to get in. We still have chance to get wins against Temple, VCU, and Butler (toughest of the 3 of course). We don’t have a great win yet but we don’t have some of the horrible losses we’ve experienced in the past.

LaSalle is a pretty damn good win.

This week, Lunardi too likes the same four from the A-10, with Temple among the “Last Four In” and Saint Louis in the “Next Four Out” categories.

ESPN.com: Bracketology - Jan 29

Glockner picks same as well.

SI.com: BRACKET WATCH - Jan 29

SI.com: BUBBLE WATCH - Jan 29

It’s odd that they have GWU listed as a ‘bad loss’ for UMass, but not for us. Maybe because UMass lost at home and we lost on the road?

That’s exactly the reason why. You also noticed our RPI didn’t dip all that much either considering we lost to a team outside the top 100 in the RPI. We haven’t dropped a game at our true home this year, so that’s the reason we really don’t have a “bad loss.”

Good Question. Losing to GW like we did has to be a bad loss. If it was a 1pt buzzer beater it would be different, but instead it was a drubbing. Now, the real question is whether or not we can make the NIT

I’d say any lose by damn near 30 points is a bad loss. Home. Away. Neutral. I does not matter.

Latest from Palm and Lunardi have Butler, La Salle, Saint Louis, Temple, and VCU in Big Dance.

CBSSports.com: 2013 NCAA Basketball Tournament Prediction - Feb 4

ESPN.com: Bracketology - Feb 5

Ditto Glockner.

SI.com: Bracket Watch - Feb 5

Meanwhile, Niners among the “In the Mix” of Glockner’s Bubble Watch.

[b]Charlotte[/b] (17-4, 5-2; RPI: 54, SOS: 132)The 49ers edged UMass by a point to kick off their "win or not in" six-game decider. The next five now: At Temple, VCU, at Butler, at Saint Louis, Temple. [i]GW:[/i] None, really [i]BL: [/i]None
SI.com: [b][url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130205/bubble-watch/?sct=uk_t11_a4]Bubble Watch - Feb 5[/url][/b]

[quote=“Run49er, post:32, topic:27309”]Ditto Glockner.

SI.com: Bracket Watch - Feb 5

Meanwhile, Niners among the “In the Mix” of Glockner’s Bubble Watch.

[b]Charlotte[/b] (17-4, 5-2; RPI: 54, SOS: 132)The 49ers edged UMass by a point to kick off their "win or not in" six-game decider. The next five now: At Temple, VCU, at Butler, at Saint Louis, Temple. [i]GW:[/i] None, really [i]BL: [/i]None
SI.com: [b][url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130205/bubble-watch/?sct=uk_t11_a4]Bubble Watch - Feb 5[/url][/b][/quote]

Wow. Still no credit for the win over La Salle.

That is odd, seeing that he gives Bucknell “partial” credit for beating Dr. G & Co.

Would love to get an 8 seed against a 9 seed Chapel Hill

I would rather make the tourney and Chapel Hill not.

I’d prefer to get a 11 or 12 and have chance to make the sweet 16.

I don’t want any part of Chapel Hill. Always funny officiating when we play them.

I sit next to a Chapel Hill grad at work. Wouldn’t want to see the buildup leading up to that game.

I bet the O would at least put a pregame piece in the print edition about it. Of course, the title might be “UNC to play xxxx in the 2nd round.”