2013 Commitments Only Thread?

QFMFT

what’s twitter?
:wink:

[quote=“919R, post:38, topic:27683”][quote=“2k, post:37, topic:27683”]We were in with Shelton Mitchell, Tyler Lewis. Recruited Braxton Obugeze, Demery plays in Charlotte and is blowing up.

Lester was top 150 at Rivals until he came here.[/quote]
Good points, no doubt.

To expand on this a little----you did remind me of some local “talent” we were after, but the other point I had emphasized was our own fans low expectations. I bet if I went back and looked at posts, almost no one on this board ever thought we had a chance with any of them (including myself) and that is sad…yes, I realize we did NOT land any of these guys. :([/quote]Right, so not landing this local talent is a program issue, not related to a specific coach. Even when we were making consistent NCAA trips, they weren’t staying here.

I’d sure as hell like to see what would happen now. Maybe AM will be the guy, if not, hopefully the next guy will be.

[quote=“2k, post:44, topic:27683”][quote=“919R, post:38, topic:27683”][quote=“2k, post:37, topic:27683”]We were in with Shelton Mitchell, Tyler Lewis. Recruited Braxton Obugeze, Demery plays in Charlotte and is blowing up.

Good points, no doubt.

To expand on this a little----you did remind me of some local “talent” we were after, but the other point I had emphasized was our own fans low expectations. I bet if I went back and looked at posts, almost no one on this board ever thought we had a chance with any of them (including myself) and that is sad…yes, I realize we did NOT land any of these guys. :([/quote]Right, so not landing this local talent is a program issue, not related to a specific coach. Even when we were making consistent NCAA trips, they weren’t staying here.

I’d sure as hell like to see what would happen now. Maybe AM will be the guy, if not, hopefully the next guy will be.[/quote]
Absolutely. I wasn’t making any kind of “coaching” statement here. Just pointing out how our fans own expectations have lowered across the board over the last 6-8 years (regardless of whether we were EVER landing many of these guys or not). In other words, in 1998 or 2003 we all seemed to expect to land some of these guys, now when we hear we’re recruiting a top 100 guy most posters/fans quickly assume we have no shot. :frowning:

[quote=“919R, post:45, topic:27683”][quote=“2k, post:44, topic:27683”][quote=“919R, post:38, topic:27683”][quote=“2k, post:37, topic:27683”]We were in with Shelton Mitchell, Tyler Lewis. Recruited Braxton Obugeze, Demery plays in Charlotte and is blowing up.

Good points, no doubt.

I’d sure as hell like to see what would happen now. Maybe AM will be the guy, if not, hopefully the next guy will be.[/quote]
Absolutely. I wasn’t making any kind of “coaching” statement here. Just pointing out how our fans own expectations have lowered across the board over the last 6-8 years (regardless of whether we were EVER landing many of these guys or not). In other words, in 1998 or 2003 we all seemed to expect to land some of these guys, now when we hear we’re recruiting a top 100 guy most posters/fans quickly assume we have no shot. :([/quote]It’s just the way it is, sucks but it’s the reality of our current situation. Hopefully we can flip that and land some more top local talent like Lester. Really need good solid “ins” with CP3 and Garner Road.

We have Lester and Ingram, hopefully that helps moving forward.

[quote=“49r9r, post:1, topic:27683”]2K, you do an excellent job with your recruiting news. I wonder if we can have just one specific thread only for commitments for next season, with the only posts going into that thread being about the recruits that have committed so far.

I spoke to a “casual Niner fan” yesterday that occasionally visits Halton and this board and his comment was that it is very difficult to weed through all the recruiting threads. He said he only wants to know who we have coming in for next year. I can understand that point of view. I told him I had a lot of pull with the moderators (ok, I lied) and I would see what we could do.[/quote]

CAMERON BLAKLY!!! We can start this thread now. YESS!!! GO NINERS!!