2014 Fall Baseball

There is some good information here, but let me add a couple of comments. The infractions being investigated were wrong on many levels, but they are being handled as violations of the student code of conduct, not team rules. The Athletic Department is cooperating in every way possible, and they are spending a ton of time dealing with this situation, but the wrong-doing was by students who happened to be athletes. Hibbs and the AD are not driving the ship on this one, nor should they be. Not being privy to inner workings of this I am just guessing, but it appears that these student-athletes being removed from the baseball team roster was on top of whatever will be/has been decided about their status as students. As far as criminal charges go, that too would be outside the purview of the University. Our University legal council has been involved and I am sure the University will cooperate with anything that might happen there. The bottom line is that this is a very unfortunate situation for the victims and taking care of them is the number one concern. Winning on the field at the cost of your ethics is not a victory, and I am glad my University knows that.