2014 Men's Hoops Coaching Carousel

And Lamar University gets the carousel turning for this season. Gotta think Wake Forest will be sending its coach for a ride too, among others!

ESPN.com: Lamar fires coach Pat Knight

Didn’t they crush us under our esteemed coach Major? Wonder if Knight got an extension first?

They beat us his first season when they were an NCAA team. We paid them back the following season.

[quote=“Run49er, post:1, topic:28621”]And Lamar University gets the carousel turning for this season. Gotta think Wake Forest will be sending its coach for a ride too, among others!

ESPN.com: Lamar fires coach Pat Knight[/quote]

I read somewhere that wake is 2-30 on the road in ACC play under bzzzz…now THAT is a train wreck.

[quote=“jfickett, post:4, topic:28621”][quote=“Run49er, post:1, topic:28621”]And Lamar University gets the carousel turning for this season. Gotta think Wake Forest will be sending its coach for a ride too, among others!

I read somewhere that wake is 2-30 on the road in ACC play under bzzzz…now THAT is a train wreck.[/quote]

The Wake fans’ displeasure with Buzz makes our entire board look pretty tame. Even sokool appears mild-mannered when compared to some of the Wake fans. And Wake gave Buzz a contract extension last year too.

[quote=“49r9r, post:5, topic:28621”][quote=“jfickett, post:4, topic:28621”][quote=“Run49er, post:1, topic:28621”]And Lamar University gets the carousel turning for this season. Gotta think Wake Forest will be sending its coach for a ride too, among others!

I read somewhere that wake is 2-30 on the road in ACC play under bzzzz…now THAT is a train wreck.[/quote]

The Wake fans’ displeasure with Buzz makes our entire board look pretty tame. Even sokool appears mild-mannered when compared to some of the Wake fans. And Wake gave Buzz a contract extension last year too.[/quote]

http://firebz.com/FireBz/Home.html

[quote=“49r9r, post:5, topic:28621”]The Wake fans’ displeasure with Buzz makes our entire board look pretty tame. Even sokool appears mild-mannered when compared to some of the Wake fans. And Wake gave Buzz a contract extension last year too.[/quote]Never really understood why they hired him in the first place, other than the AD apparently had a personal relationship with him. But a contract extension is really nuts.

[quote=“49r9r, post:5, topic:28621”][quote=“jfickett, post:4, topic:28621”][quote=“Run49er, post:1, topic:28621”]And Lamar University gets the carousel turning for this season. Gotta think Wake Forest will be sending its coach for a ride too, among others!

The Wake fans’ displeasure with Buzz makes our entire board look pretty tame. Even sokool appears mild-mannered when compared to some of the Wake fans. And Wake gave Buzz a contract extension last year too.[/quote]

No they didn’t

[quote=“donkeyjaws, post:8, topic:28621”][quote=“49r9r, post:5, topic:28621”][quote=“jfickett, post:4, topic:28621”][quote=“Run49er, post:1, topic:28621”]And Lamar University gets the carousel turning for this season. Gotta think Wake Forest will be sending its coach for a ride too, among others!

No they didn’t[/quote]

Yeah one of my good friends is a big Wake supporter, I asked him about this and he said they haven’t extended him… you got a link to this 49r9r?

[quote=“EE9er, post:9, topic:28621”][quote=“donkeyjaws, post:8, topic:28621”][quote=“49r9r, post:5, topic:28621”][quote=“jfickett, post:4, topic:28621”][quote=“Run49er, post:1, topic:28621”]And Lamar University gets the carousel turning for this season. Gotta think Wake Forest will be sending its coach for a ride too, among others!

No they didn’t[/quote]

Yeah one of my good friends is a big Wake supporter, I asked him about this and he said they haven’t extended him… you got a link to this 49r9r?[/quote]

I thought they extended his contract LAST YEAR, not this year. Let me see what I can dig up.

[quote=“49r9r, post:10, topic:28621”][quote=“EE9er, post:9, topic:28621”][quote=“donkeyjaws, post:8, topic:28621”][quote=“49r9r, post:5, topic:28621”][quote=“jfickett, post:4, topic:28621”][quote=“Run49er, post:1, topic:28621”]And Lamar University gets the carousel turning for this season. Gotta think Wake Forest will be sending its coach for a ride too, among others!

No they didn’t[/quote]

Yeah one of my good friends is a big Wake supporter, I asked him about this and he said they haven’t extended him… you got a link to this 49r9r?[/quote]

I thought they extended his contract LAST YEAR, not this year. Let me see what I can dig up.[/quote]In March, Wellman said that Bz hadn’t been extended, but that he had several years left on his contract.

Made it sound like he wasn’t planning on firing Bz, but also wasn’t ready to give him more years.

[quote=“Niner National, post:11, topic:28621”][quote=“49r9r, post:10, topic:28621”][quote=“EE9er, post:9, topic:28621”][quote=“donkeyjaws, post:8, topic:28621”][quote=“49r9r, post:5, topic:28621”][quote=“jfickett, post:4, topic:28621”][quote=“Run49er, post:1, topic:28621”]And Lamar University gets the carousel turning for this season. Gotta think Wake Forest will be sending its coach for a ride too, among others!

No they didn’t[/quote]

I thought they extended his contract LAST YEAR, not this year. Let me see what I can dig up.[/quote]In March, Wellman said that Bz hadn’t been extended, but that he had several years left on his contract.

Made it sound like he wasn’t planning on firing Bz, but also wasn’t ready to give him more years.[/quote]

I just spoke with good friend formerly in the Deacon Club. She thought his contract had been extended last year and was complaining about it. Wait until I tell her the good news. She stopped going to their basketball games last year.

Add Mike Jarvis of FAU to the list.

RT @GoodmanESPN: UT Martin has parted ways with men’s basketball coach Jason James.

dang, that sucks. His 9 wins this season are more than his 1st and 3rd season combined. Program was trending up.

Former Arizona interim HC Russ Pennell hired by Central Arkansas, where he played PG in the early 80s. Replaces UCA’s interim Clarence Finley, who took over when Corliss Williamson left to be an assistant with the NBA’s Kings.

CBSSports.com: Hirings and firings: 2014 college basketball coaching changes

[font=arial][size=14px]Jason [/size][/font][font=arial][size=14px]Capel[/size][/font] [font=arial][size=14px]has been fired as the head coach of Appalachian State after four seasons: [/size][/font][size=14px]http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24476817/appalachian-state-fires-head-coach-jason-capel[/size]

Which probably puts Bobby Kummar back looking for a job. Poor guy, he is a Niner so I wish him all the best. He has not landed a winning assistant’s gig yet.

IUPUI parts ways with Todd Howard after 3 seasons in which he was 20-76 with the Jags, including back-to-back 6-26 campaigns after going 14-18 in his debut.

Which probably puts Bobby Kummar back looking for a job. Poor guy, he is a Niner so I wish him all the best. He has not landed a winning assistant’s gig yet.[/quote]

The entire staff was let go today as well.