2014 Men's Hoops Coaching Carousel

Isn’t Donahue @ Boston College? Well used to be perhaps.

Isn’t Donahue @ Boston College? Well used to be perhaps.[/quote]Yes, was at BC. Let go today.

Brad Huse resigns at Montana St.

Isn’t Donahue @ Boston College? Well used to be perhaps.[/quote]Yes, was at BC. Let go today.[/quote]

Yeah, sorry- I was on the phone and posting at the same time. I just typed Cornell by accident. Apparently, I still associate him with the Big Red, for some reason.

See that Bruce Pearl got his own thread. Didn’t realize there was that much love for him at NN.N!

Well if this orange tanned man didn’t take Milwaukee on a run to the Sweet 16, our last 9 years may have been completely different.

The Lutz to App thing is very real. He’s one of the front-runners along with Mike Rhoades (VCU associate coach) and I’ve also heard a couple D2 coaches such as Linc Darner (Florida Southern) and Derrick Clark (Metro State).

clt says appy is interested in Ryan odom.

I still think Alan Major would be a great fit for them.

I still think Alan Major would be a great fit for them.[/quote]

clt says minor could be odom’s assistant here.

[quote=“T-Dog, post:67, topic:28621”]The Lutz to App thing is very real. He’s one of the front-runners along with Mike Rhoades (VCU associate coach) and I’ve also heard a couple D2 coaches such as Linc Darner (Florida Southern) and Derrick Clark (Metro State).[/quote]hope they hire the Florida Southern coach…seems like we did that once

Yeah. One that won a D-2 Championship, I think. “Wissel compiled more than 300 wins as a collegiate head coach. Wissel led Florida Southern College to four straight trips to the NCAA Division II Tournament and three straight trips to the Division II Final Four (‘80, ‘81, and ‘82), winning the NCAA Division II National Championship in 1981. Wissel coached Division I Fordham University to the National Invitation Tournament in 1972. Fordham played the toughest schedule in the nation. Wissel coached Division I Lafayette College (1967–71), rebuilding team into conference champion in 1971.[sup][1][/sup] Wissel coached The College of New Jersey (1964–67), rebuilding team into conference champion and NAIA National Tournament team in 1967.”

Yeah. One that won a D-2 Championship, I think. “Wissel compiled more than 300 wins as a collegiate head coach. Wissel led Florida Southern College to four straight trips to the NCAA Division II Tournament and three straight trips to the Division II Final Four (‘80, ‘81, and ‘82), winning the NCAA Division II National Championship in 1981. Wissel coached Division I Fordham University to the National Invitation Tournament in 1972. Fordham played the toughest schedule in the nation. Wissel coached Division I Lafayette College (1967–71), rebuilding team into conference champion in 1971.[sup][1][/sup] Wissel coached The College of New Jersey (1964–67), rebuilding team into conference champion and NAIA National Tournament team in 1967.”[/quote]Hindsite is 20/20; at the time Wissel looked like an okay hire. I think Wissel was a backup plan after some guy from WCU turned us down.
When Hal Wissel was hired, student interest was really low even though it was only 5 years removed from our Final Four run. I remember the athletic department holding an event at the cafeteria where students could meet and hear Coach Wissel speak about the upcoming season. I think there were 8 of us there! 3 seasons and 22 wins later; well it was not pretty at all.

[quote=“Wingate49erFan, post:55, topic:28621”]

@TBoneWFNZ: Per John Feinstein’s sources, Wake will not be firing Jeff Bzdelik

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24493168/reports-jeff-bzdelik-out-at-wake-forest[/quote]

Bzedelick announcement should come some time today. Sources say he is gone. Of course, knowing Wellman, who knows.

Yep, Bzdelik presser at 5pm.

2k, this is the announcement I mentioned to you and NN and Ginger in the SB yesterday.

Journalnow.com: Bzdelik out as Wake Forest men’s basketball coach

Loyola Marymount hires alum and ex-Bobcats HC Mike Dunlap to replace Max Good, whose contract wasn’t renewed.

Major under contract until 2018…yeahhhhhhh.