2014 Men's Hoops Coaching Carousel

I’d hate it, because he’d probably do pretty well - he’s a decent coach (at least he can make in game adjustments), his time was just up here. That said, he knows the area well and has strong recruiting ties and a name recognizable to local talent. I could see him stealing a few recruits from under our noses.

That said, if he really sees any success at ASU, he’d leave the Sunbelt for the first Power 5 or AAC team that came calling.

How would you like to give Alan Major a shot?

Looks like Va Tech really cares about having a winning mens basketball program.

Looks like Va Tech really cares about having a winning mens basketball program.[/quote]

They could have said “Wait till next year”… or “Wait till the year after next”.

For those very few who think that Major would be getting a raw deal if he was fired now,check out the whole deal that Johnson got at Va. Tech.He was given 2 years in the ACC and had 2 prize recruits who had committed there change their mind after Greenburg was fired.

As a sidenote,one need only look at SMU not getting into the dance at 23-9 with a terrible ooc schedule to see how Major has also done a poor job of scheduling also.If Southern Miss and La. Tech didn’t even get a sniff of the dance that says how lowly Conf.Usa is considered by the committee.

Well said lucky57

Anybody can step in SH!T but only a fool walks around the house 4-5 yrs without cleaning it off their feet.

VA Tech’s AD gets it Judy Rose is clueless.

Per CBSSports.com, Jim Yarbrough out at Southeastern Louisiana after nine seasons, the last three all losing campaigns.

Well said lucky57

Anybody can step in SH!T but only a fool walks around the house 4-5 yrs without cleaning it off their feet.

VA Tech’s AD gets it Judy Rose is clueless.[/quote]

BOOM!

How would you like to give Alan Major a shot?[/quote]

I’d love to see Alan Major get a shot to coach at App.

Donahue out at Boston College.

He’s about to take a $200k+ /yr pay cut. Should help you afford him.

He’s about to take a $200k+ /yr pay cut. Should help you afford him.[/quote]Lutz is making 225k at NCSU assistant, Capel was making $158,732 at App.

He’s about to take a $200k+ /yr pay cut. Should help you afford him.[/quote]Lutz is making 225k at NCSU assistant, Capel was making $158,732 at App.[/quote]
I was referring to the Christmas bonus we were giving him

He’s about to take a $200k+ /yr pay cut. Should help you afford him.[/quote]Lutz is making 225k at NCSU assistant, Capel was making $158,732 at App.[/quote]
I was referring to the Christmas bonus we were giving him[/quote]Oh, I know, just wanted to point out disparity of App’s pay to what Lutz was currently receiving (not including $ from Charlotte).

@TBoneWFNZ: Per John Feinstein's sources, Wake will not be firing Jeff Bzdelik
Wake's fan base can relate to ours pretty well.

To say Lutz is even considering going to App is absurd - he’s currently got it made

To say Lutz is even considering going to App is absurd - he’s currently got it made[/quote]He tried to get the Troy job last year, App is same conference and much closer to where he’s from.

Ken Bone out at Washington State.

To say Lutz is even considering going to App is absurd - he’s currently got it made[/quote]He tried to get the Troy job last year, App is same conference and much closer to where he’s from.[/quote]

Perhaps the pay cut and the chance to build up a program in shambles interests him. All I know is that it wouldn’t interest me :slight_smile:

Steve Donahue out at Cornell: http://espn.go.com/boston/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10628149/boston-college-parts-ways-coach-steve-donahue