2015 Baseball Season Thread

With this latest weather Friday’s game with Akron has been cancelled and Saturday’s double header has been moved to start at 12:00.
Wednesday’s home game vs CofC has been moved to Charleston.

Akron comes here off of winning 2 of 3 from Furman last weekend.

Here are the projected pitching match-ups for the weekend.

Saturday, Feb. 21 • Noon (DH)
[size=1em]Game one:[/size]
[size=1em]Akron: Jr., LHP John Valek III (0-0, 5.40 ERA)[/size]
[size=1em]Charlotte: RSo., LHP Sean Geoghegan (0-0, 0.00 ERA)[/size]

[size=1em]Game two:[/size]
[size=1em]Akron: Jr., RHP JT Brubaker (0-0, 1.80 ERA)[/size]
[size=1em]Charlotte: RSo., LHP J.D. Prochaska (0-0, 0.00 ERA)[/size]

[size=1em]Sunday, Feb. 22 • 1 p.m.[/size]
[size=1em]Akron: Sr., LHP Pat Dyer (1-0, 3.00 ERA)[/size]
[font=verdana][size=1em]Charlotte: Fr., LHP Josh Maciejewski (0-0, 0.00 ERA)[/size][/font]

Mr. Bo,

How are we gonna be using Vogler this year? Midweek guy/4th starter?

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:1, topic:29423”]With this latest weather Friday’s game with Akron has been cancelled and Saturday’s double header has been moved to start at 12:00.
Wednesday’s home game vs CofC has been moved to Charleston.

Akron comes here off of winning 2 of 3 from Furman last weekend.

Here are the projected pitching match-ups for the weekend.

Saturday, Feb. 21 • Noon (DH)
[size=1em]Game one:[/size]
[size=1em]Akron: Jr., LHP John Valek III (0-0, 5.40 ERA)[/size]
[size=1em]Charlotte: RSo., LHP Sean Geoghegan (0-0, 0.00 ERA)[/size]

[size=1em]Game two:[/size]
[size=1em]Akron: Jr., RHP JT Brubaker (0-0, 1.80 ERA)[/size]
[size=1em]Charlotte: RSo., LHP J.D. Prochaska (0-0, 0.00 ERA)[/size]

[size=1em]Sunday, Feb. 22 • 1 p.m.[/size]
[size=1em]Akron: Sr., LHP Pat Dyer (1-0, 3.00 ERA)[/size]
[font=verdana][size=1em]Charlotte: Fr., LHP Josh Maciejewski (0-0, 0.00 ERA)[/size][/font][/quote]
Moved to Charleston…that sucks.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:2, topic:29423”]Mr. Bo,

How are we gonna be using Vogler this year? Midweek guy/4th starter?[/quote]

I’m not sure. I had him penciled in as one of our weekend guys. I think with all the young pitchers on the staff, the rotation will be fluid this year.

Here is our projected line-up:

C Nick Daddio SO
1b Logan Sherer SO
2b TJ Nichting SO
3b Derek Gallello SR
SS Luke Gibbs SO
LF Brett Netzer FR
CF Zach Jarett SO
RF Brad Elwood SR
DH Alex Reynolds FR

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=209899062

I’m not sure what to expect in light of everything that has happened, but I’m ready to find out.

It’s going to be a tough year on some of you baseball die hards.

Tickets for the uptown game are onsale now.

It’s going to be a tough year on some of you baseball die hards.[/quote]
I think most of us expect a rough season. We were picked 2nd to last by the coaches but I think we will surprise some people.

Split the DH today with Akron. Pitching looked really solid in both games. Defense was good for the most part with the exception of 1 costly error which led to Akrons only 2 runs on the day.
Offense struggled today.

How did Daddio look today behind the dish?

I thought he did a capable job back there. He also went 2-6 at the plate.

It’s going to be a tough year on some of you baseball die hards.[/quote]
I think most of us expect a rough season. We were picked 2nd to last by the coaches but I think we will surprise some people.

Split the DH today with Akron. Pitching looked really solid in both games. Defense was good for the most part with the exception of 1 costly error which led to Akrons only 2 runs on the day.
Offense struggled today.[/quote]

There very well could be struggles ahead. The pitching was solid, so there’s that. I hope we get some offense going. It seems like we’re always looking for more offense.

Lost today in true Niner fashion. Up 2 in the ninth, walk leadoff man. Next batter hits a taylor made double play ball to short, which, of course, takes a bad hop for a hit.
Subsequent play at the plate has runner beaten, but Daddio fails to catch the ball before applying the tag. Instead of 4-3 and game over, score is tied. Next batter drives in the go ahead run. We lose. >:(

[quote=“4ever niner, post:13, topic:29423”]Lost today in true Niner fashion. Up 2 in the ninth, walk leadoff man. Next batter hits a taylor made double play ball to short, which, of course, takes a bad hop for a hit.
Subsequent play at the plate has runner beaten, but Daddio fails to catch the ball before applying the tag. Instead of 4-3 and game over, score is tied. Next batter drives in the go ahead run. We lose. >:([/quote]

NINERBALL!!

[quote=“4ever niner, post:13, topic:29423”]Lost today in true Niner fashion. Up 2 in the ninth, walk leadoff man. Next batter hits a taylor made double play ball to short, which, of course, takes a bad hop for a hit.
Subsequent play at the plate has runner beaten, but Daddio fails to catch the ball before applying the tag. Instead of 4-3 and game over, score is tied. Next batter drives in the go ahead run. We lose. >:([/quote]

That’s frustrating. I had to follow on twitter today. The pitching seems promising, but we’re going to continue to have a razor thin margin for error if we don’t score more runs.

Our offense has struggled big time since Durkac left, but the greatest hitter in our program’s history is in charge of the offense now. He may not change things in a year, but hopefully things will change soon with our O.

Game against College of Charleston has been moved back to Charlotte. 2pm start.

[quote=“sydh, post:17, topic:29423”]Game against College of Charleston has been moved back to Charlotte. 2pm start.[/quote] Not according to 49ers website as of Monday 9 am. However, this is confirmed by C of C website.

Game w/ CoC now cancelled. :frowning:

It is a shame this game was cancelled. CofC is going to be really good this year. Some say they are an Omaha sleeper.