2015 Baseball Season Thread

Dang…seriously—the Marist series this weekend has now been cancelled, ALREADY. Do we own a freaking tarp?

Niners are now heading to Savanah, Ga. to possibly play NC State, Penn State, and/or UNCG this weekend. We desperately need games.

[quote=“919R, post:21, topic:29423”]Dang…seriously—the Marist series this weekend has now been cancelled, ALREADY. Do we own a freaking tarp?[/quote] Two words, woman: Domed stadium. ;D

Yes, we do…we had 18 home games to start the year and by the looks of it, we will be lucky to actually play half of them.

Yes, we do…we had 18 home games to start the year and by the looks of it, we will be lucky to actually play half of them.[/quote] Not to mention the cancelled Georgia series.

@Ninerbaseball will head to Savannah’s Greyson Stadium to play NCSU (3pm, Fri),
UNCG (11am, Sat) and
NCSU again (3pm, Sun) …

Big win over NC State today, 1-0. Offense continued to struggle but was able to get 1 run in. Pitching was a good as you can ask for. Geoghegan had 6 Ks over 6 IP, Wells only allowed 1 base runner over 2 IP, and Logan closed it out.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:27, topic:29423”]Big win over NC State today, 1-0. Offense continued to struggle but was able to get 1 run in. Pitching was a good as you can ask for. Geoghegan had 6 Ks over 6 IP, Wells only allowed 1 base runner over 2 IP, and Logan closed it out.[/quote] So now that we are 1-0 in the ACC, do we go to the four corners?

Hopefully we are 2-0 against the ACC by the end of the weekend.

2-1 victory over UNCG today. Niners faced SoCon preseason Pitcher of the Year on the mound for UNCG. Our offense is still struggling but did enough to win. Pitching continues to be dominant. Prochanska with 10 Ks, Trevor Gay and Logan Sherer solid in relief.
I was prepared to come away from this weekend 0-3, so I’m pleasantly surprised with these 2 wins.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:30, topic:29423”]2-1 victory over UNCG today. Niners faced SoCon preseason Pitcher of the Year on the mound for UNCG. Our offense is still struggling but did enough to win. Pitching continues to be dominant. Prochanska with 10 Ks, Trevor Gay and Logan Sherer solid in relief.
I was prepared to come away from this weekend 0-3, so I’m pleasantly surprised with these 2 wins.[/quote]Me too! This is fun.

I know there has been some snow, but has it been colder in general than other early seasons?

[quote=“919R, post:31, topic:29423”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:30, topic:29423”]2-1 victory over UNCG today. Niners faced SoCon preseason Pitcher of the Year on the mound for UNCG. Our offense is still struggling but did enough to win. Pitching continues to be dominant. Prochanska with 10 Ks, Trevor Gay and Logan Sherer solid in relief.
I was prepared to come away from this weekend 0-3, so I’m pleasantly surprised with these 2 wins.[/quote]Me too! This is fun.[/quote]

be even more fun if we beat unc-r tomorrow! go Niners!!!

[quote=“earlyniner, post:33, topic:29423”][quote=“919R, post:31, topic:29423”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:30, topic:29423”]2-1 victory over UNCG today. Niners faced SoCon preseason Pitcher of the Year on the mound for UNCG. Our offense is still struggling but did enough to win. Pitching continues to be dominant. Prochanska with 10 Ks, Trevor Gay and Logan Sherer solid in relief.
I was prepared to come away from this weekend 0-3, so I’m pleasantly surprised with these 2 wins.[/quote]Me too! This is fun.[/quote]

be even more fun if we beat unc-r tomorrow! go Niners!!![/quote]

Yes, it is fun. It looks like we may exceed expectations in baseball this year.

[quote=“49r9r, post:34, topic:29423”][quote=“earlyniner, post:33, topic:29423”][quote=“919R, post:31, topic:29423”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:30, topic:29423”]2-1 victory over UNCG today. Niners faced SoCon preseason Pitcher of the Year on the mound for UNCG. Our offense is still struggling but did enough to win. Pitching continues to be dominant. Prochanska with 10 Ks, Trevor Gay and Logan Sherer solid in relief.

Yes, it is fun. It looks like we may exceed expectations in baseball this year.[/quote]
We need to get as many wins as we can this weekend. The next couple of weekends are going to be very tough with Rice and FIU.

Games called off today…

NC State Baseball ‏[size=13px]@NCStateBaseball[/size] [size=13px] 1m1 minute ago[/size][/color][font=Arial][size=14px]Both games have been canceled. Too much water on the field too quickly. #Pack9 heading back to Raleigh, returns to action 3/3 vs. ECU[/size][/font][color=rgb(136, 153, 166)]

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:35, topic:29423”][quote=“49r9r, post:34, topic:29423”][quote=“earlyniner, post:33, topic:29423”][quote=“919R, post:31, topic:29423”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:30, topic:29423”]2-1 victory over UNCG today. Niners faced SoCon preseason Pitcher of the Year on the mound for UNCG. Our offense is still struggling but did enough to win. Pitching continues to be dominant. Prochanska with 10 Ks, Trevor Gay and Logan Sherer solid in relief.

Yes, it is fun. It looks like we may exceed expectations in baseball this year.[/quote]
We need to get as many wins as we can this weekend. The next couple of weekends are going to be very tough with Rice and FIU.[/quote]

Put me on record as thinking we do NOT get swept by Rice.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:28, topic:29423”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:27, topic:29423”]Big win over NC State today, 1-0. Offense continued to struggle but was able to get 1 run in. Pitching was a good as you can ask for. Geoghegan had 6 Ks over 6 IP, Wells only allowed 1 base runner over 2 IP, and Logan closed it out.[/quote] So now that we are 1-0 in the ACC, do we go to the four corners?[/quote] Heeeey, it worked.

[quote=“49r9r, post:37, topic:29423”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:35, topic:29423”][quote=“49r9r, post:34, topic:29423”][quote=“earlyniner, post:33, topic:29423”][quote=“919R, post:31, topic:29423”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:30, topic:29423”]2-1 victory over UNCG today. Niners faced SoCon preseason Pitcher of the Year on the mound for UNCG. Our offense is still struggling but did enough to win. Pitching continues to be dominant. Prochanska with 10 Ks, Trevor Gay and Logan Sherer solid in relief.

We need to get as many wins as we can this weekend. The next couple of weekends are going to be very tough with Rice and FIU.[/quote]

Put me on record as thinking we do NOT get swept by Rice.[/quote]

You are a braver man than I. I think we are better than I thought we would be, especially on the bump, but there friday and saturday starter are all americans.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:39, topic:29423”][quote=“49r9r, post:37, topic:29423”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:35, topic:29423”][quote=“49r9r, post:34, topic:29423”][quote=“earlyniner, post:33, topic:29423”][quote=“919R, post:31, topic:29423”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:30, topic:29423”]2-1 victory over UNCG today. Niners faced SoCon preseason Pitcher of the Year on the mound for UNCG. Our offense is still struggling but did enough to win. Pitching continues to be dominant. Prochanska with 10 Ks, Trevor Gay and Logan Sherer solid in relief.

Put me on record as thinking we do NOT get swept by Rice.[/quote]

You are a braver man than I. I think we are better than I thought we would be, especially on the bump, but there friday and saturday starter are all americans.[/quote]

2 All American starters and one of the best offensive teams in the country. Meanwhile we will have every one of our starting pitchers making their 1st C-USA start.