2015 Fall Baseball

Yes. Just like that except just the infield will be turf. The OF will remain grass.

I got a chance to take in a few innings of the scrimmage this weekend. We won 24-1 in 12 innings and they were clearly overmatched, but it was an exhibition game. Everybody hit, and we pitched well.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=210429968

Line-up was:

1 Gallello 3B
2. Reece Hampton CF
3. Zach Jarrett LF
4. Brett Netzer 2B
5. Drew Ober RF
6. TJ Nichting DH
7. Alex Reynolds 1B
8. Nick Daddio C
9. Hunter Jones SS

Logan sat out with an injury.

Biggest ‘surprise’ is Hunter Jones at SS, Brett Netzer at 2B, and Nichting at DH. Netzer moved in from playing LF last season, Jones moves from 3b to SS since Gallello is back from injury. Gibbs was the SS last season and he came in late as a sub at 2B. Jones looked pretty good defensively at SS. I’m interested to see how this plays out in the spring. You can tell Netzer has put on some muscle since last year. Nichting seemed bigger too.

We also have 2 true freshman in the starting line-up. Hampton and Ober. Nice to see they will make an immediate impact.

I was disappointed that we didn’t get to see the JUCO catcher Fritz. He is supposed to compete for the starting spot and will provide a little more offense from that spot.

We used 6 pitchers and we can assume that these guys will compete for the most innings. Each pitched 2 innings except for Wells who closed it out in 1.

Geoghegan L- Friday guy last year, probably the same this year
Casas R - transfer from Maryland, sat out last year, competing for a weekend spot
Maciejewski L- Sunday starter last year as as freshman
Prochaska L- Saturday starter last year
Drew Morrison L- true freshman
Micah Wells R - had a great summer as closer in the CPL, tied for league lead in saves.

Nice report. I was hoping you had made it out.

They cancelled the Green White World Series? Is that some more CHP anti-tradition crap?

Our huge baseball announcement, I’m guessing

That’s pretty awesome, but I just wish they could figure out how to rotate images so the text is right-side-up before putting the image on the web.

“A 49ers logo will be stitched into the turf right behind home plate.”

C-49ers of course. ::slight_smile:

Nice…work being done by my Unionville area “homies” 8) , Carolina Green. HQ shows as Indian Trail, but they are really all Unionville people.

I still chuckle at the lady next to me at the last game that was wondering why all these UNCC people were at the game. She thought “Charlotte” meant the Knights were playing NC State.[/quote]

Bless her heart.

Probably so but it also seemed like people on here new about the field turf thing a couple of weeks ago, while the baseball twitter tweeted to me “Still waiting to finalize things” in regards to the big news

I have heard that the realignment of Phillips Road will cause problems for both baseball and softball during night games, with headlights shining into player’s eyes.

I would guess the the “BIG” announcement would be something to fix this problem. A video board would be awesome there.

Something similar happened when they built the West Deck. Headlights would shine right into the batters eyes, so the huge wall in CF was constructed.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:31, topic:29860”]I have heard that the realignment of Phillips Road will cause problems for both baseball and softball during night games, with headlights shining into player’s eyes.

I would guess the the “BIG” announcement would be something to fix this problem. A video board would be awesome there.

Something similar happened when they built the West Deck. Headlights would shine right into the batters eyes, so the huge wall in CF was constructed.[/quote]Video board would be awesome. Any reason why we just didn’t turf the outfield too?

[quote=“moss2k, post:32, topic:29860”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:31, topic:29860”]I have heard that the realignment of Phillips Road will cause problems for both baseball and softball during night games, with headlights shining into player’s eyes.

Something similar happened when they built the West Deck. Headlights would shine right into the batters eyes, so the huge wall in CF was constructed.[/quote]Video board would be awesome. Any reason why we just didn’t turf the outfield too?[/quote]

Probably $$$

Was the “big news” maybe the NC State game being scheduled at BB&T Ballpark again next March?

Hibbs announced this at the Temple Game Alumni Tailgate so I’d say no.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:31, topic:29860”]I have heard that the realignment of Phillips Road will cause problems for both baseball and softball during night games, with headlights shining into player’s eyes.

Something similar happened when they built the West Deck. Headlights would shine right into the batters eyes, so the huge wall in CF was constructed.[/quote] I asked Ms. Rose if we planned to do anything about the headlight problem. She told me they did a study and the lights would not shine onto the fields.
Judy never lies or is wrong. ;D

Hibbs announced this at the Temple Game Alumni Tailgate so I’d say no.[/quote]
Yes, but this “rumored” big news was being hinted at well before that even.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:33, topic:29860”][quote=“moss2k, post:32, topic:29860”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:31, topic:29860”]I have heard that the realignment of Phillips Road will cause problems for both baseball and softball during night games, with headlights shining into player’s eyes.

Something similar happened when they built the West Deck. Headlights would shine right into the batters eyes, so the huge wall in CF was constructed.[/quote]Video board would be awesome. Any reason why we just didn’t turf the outfield too?[/quote]

Probably $$$[/quote]
The OF doesn’t require turf because it has a expensive drainage system of pipes and sand, like an NFL field. Was done 10yr ago? The inf needed it because you can’t keep dirt dry

Hibbs announced this at the Temple Game Alumni Tailgate so I’d say no.[/quote]
Yes, but this “rumored” big news was being hinted at well before that even.[/quote]

It was the turf
https://mobile.twitter.com/NinerBaseball/status/656909365325209600

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:22, topic:29860”]I got a chance to take in a few innings of the scrimmage this weekend. We won 24-1 in 12 innings and they were clearly overmatched, but it was an exhibition game. Everybody hit, and we pitched well.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=210429968

Line-up was:

1 Gallello 3B
2. Reece Hampton CF
3. Zach Jarrett LF
4. Brett Netzer 2B
5. Drew Ober RF
6. TJ Nichting DH
7. Alex Reynolds 1B
8. Nick Daddio C
9. Hunter Jones SS

Logan sat out with an injury.

Biggest ‘surprise’ is Hunter Jones at SS, Brett Netzer at 2B, and Nichting at DH. Netzer moved in from playing LF last season, Jones moves from 3b to SS since Gallello is back from injury. Gibbs was the SS last season and he came in late as a sub at 2B. Jones looked pretty good defensively at SS. I’m interested to see how this plays out in the spring. You can tell Netzer has put on some muscle since last year. Nichting seemed bigger too.

We also have 2 true freshman in the starting line-up. Hampton and Ober. Nice to see they will make an immediate impact.

I was disappointed that we didn’t get to see the JUCO catcher Fritz. He is supposed to compete for the starting spot and will provide a little more offense from that spot.

We used 6 pitchers and we can assume that these guys will compete for the most innings. Each pitched 2 innings except for Wells who closed it out in 1.

Geoghegan L- Friday guy last year, probably the same this year
Casas R - transfer from Maryland, sat out last year, competing for a weekend spot
Maciejewski L- Sunday starter last year as as freshman
Prochaska L- Saturday starter last year
Drew Morrison L- true freshman
Micah Wells R - had a great summer as closer in the CPL, tied for league lead in saves.[/quote]

Sheer’s back was sore and Fritz’s wrist was dinged up, so the coaches held them out of the Canada game. I’m sure they didn’t want to take a chance in a meaningless game.