2017 hoops recruiting update

Hey guys, here is an update on what I’ve been able to find out on 2017 recruiting names:

NEW JUCO NAMES 8)

[quote=“2k, post:1, topic:30800”]Hey guys, here is an update on what I’ve been able to find out on 2017 recruiting names:
https://agent49.net/basketball-recruiting-update-2617/

NEW JUCO NAMES 8)[/quote]

clt says thanks for doing the work of the local newspaper.

Thanks 2k, interesting info. Does anyone have ideas on which players might be a) better and b) more likely to come here? Or is it pretty much unknown at the moment.

I guess I’m wondering who are realistic and who do we really hope will sign with us. Post size is a big thing, but I would guess we need at least a couple post players that are more polished to help us sooner.

On our radar? Seems not. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article132180209.html#emlnl=Afternoon_Newsletter

[quote=“49er1, post:4, topic:30800”]On our radar? Seems not. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article132180209.html#emlnl=Afternoon_Newsletter[/quote]Did you read it?

[font=verdana][size=small]What’s also new is coaching a player like Withers, who is 6-foot-7. He’s bigger than most high school centers but prefers to play outside, where he has a deft shooting touch. Withers averages 16.5 points and nine rebounds. [b]Coaches from Charlotte, Clemson, Miami, Wake Forest and Virginia have been on campus to watch him.[/b][/size][/font][font=verdana]L[size=small]ewis says Withers can be as good as the two best Vikings to ever play at North Mecklenburg - 6-9 forward Jamie Skeen, who went to the NCAA Final Four with VCU in 2011, and 6-8 power forward DeMarco Johnson, a former Charlotte 49ers star and second-round pick of the New York Knicks in 1998.[/size][/font]

Not sure about Vaud Worthy and any interest there at this point. Maxwell is just a Freshman, I’m sure he’s on the radar here.

clt says price needs to check this guy out

[quote=“2k, post:5, topic:30800”][quote=“49er1, post:4, topic:30800”]On our radar? Seems not. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article132180209.html#emlnl=Afternoon_Newsletter[/quote]Did you read it?

[font=verdana][size=small]What’s also new is coaching a player like Withers, who is 6-foot-7. He’s bigger than most high school centers but prefers to play outside, where he has a deft shooting touch. Withers averages 16.5 points and nine rebounds. [b]Coaches from Charlotte, Clemson, Miami, Wake Forest and Virginia have been on campus to watch him.[/b][/size][/font][font=verdana]L[size=small]ewis says Withers can be as good as the two best Vikings to ever play at North Mecklenburg - 6-9 forward Jamie Skeen, who went to the NCAA Final Four with VCU in 2011, and 6-8 power forward DeMarco Johnson, a former Charlotte 49ers star and second-round pick of the New York Knicks in 1998.[/size][/font]

Not sure about Vaud Worthy and any interest there at this point. Maxwell is just a Freshman, I’m sure he’s on the radar here.[/quote]

Yay!

Chances we could get Withers?

His dad played here so I would like to think we had a chance.

So…do we have any hope of getting any legit D-1 players ?

[quote=“lucky57, post:10, topic:30800”]So…do we have any hope of getting any legit D-1 players ?[/quote]doesn’t seem that way

Do we actually recruit?? I’m starting to wonder

Maybe this staff has realized they are in over their heads, will finish out the season, and then resign, en masse.

Maybe this staff has realized they are in over their heads, will finish out the season, and then resign, en masse.[/quote]or maybe just will give them an extension and cite lack of four years on contract as detrimental to recruiting.

clt wonders if the wbb coach could recuit for us.

Maybe this staff has realized they are in over their heads, will finish out the season, and then resign, en masse.[/quote]or maybe just will give them an extension and cite lack of four years on contract as detrimental to recruiting.[/quote]

Bring back Alan Major for “Director of Recruiting” and to coach future bigs!

Maybe this staff has realized they are in over their heads, will finish out the season, and then resign, en masse.[/quote]or maybe just will give them an extension and cite lack of four years on contract as detrimental to recruiting.[/quote]

Bring back Alan Major for “Director of Recruiting” and to coach future bigs![/quote]

Getting off topic, but I hope that his health has returned and that he gets a good assistant coaching gig somewhere.

Bring back Alan Major for “Director of Recruiting” and to coach future bigs![/quote]

Getting off topic, but I hope that his health has returned and that he gets a good assistant coaching gig somewhere.[/quote]

Dude, he’s been on the bench at OSU all season with a saved head and glasses… ::slight_smile:

Getting off topic, but I hope that his health has returned and that he gets a good assistant coaching gig somewhere.[/quote]

Dude, he’s been on the bench at OSU all season with a saved head and glasses… ::)[/quote]

Looks a lot better!

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/alan_major_1020560.html