2017 Men's Hoops Coaching Carousel

[quote=“Expectations Manager, post:40, topic:30695”]Keatts took over a school that hadn’t finished better than 8th in almost 10 years and finished in 1st all three years. They had won 9 games the year prior.

He doubled their win total his first season. He then nearly tripled it in his second season and did so this past season.

At age 44 he has ties to NC, VA, KY, and WV, along with learning under one of the best coaches in the game.

It’s a no brainer hire.[/quote]you mean you don’t need 4 years to turn a program around?

[quote=“Niner National, post:41, topic:30695”][quote=“Expectations Manager, post:40, topic:30695”]Keatts took over a school that hadn’t finished better than 8th in almost 10 years and finished in 1st all three years. They had won 9 games the year prior.

He doubled their win total his first season. He then nearly tripled it in his second season and did so this past season.

At age 44 he has ties to NC, VA, KY, and WV, along with learning under one of the best coaches in the game.

It’s a no brainer hire.[/quote]you mean you don’t need 4 years to turn a program around?[/quote]

This so hard

Not sure what Underwood has accomplished to get a top 10 collegiate coaching salary, but if the Illini are crazy enough to pay it, then can’t blame him for taking the money and fleeing Stillwater ASAP!

Anyway, college hoops analyst and former Cowboy PG Doug Gottlieb is lobbying for the vacancy at his alma mater.

Also not sure how/why you would disparage the CAA. The CAA was ranked 9th last year and 10th/11th this year. They regularly play and often beat P5 teams (NC State fans need look no further than the 17 point drubbing they received in their home opener last year from William & Mary). Disparagement of the CAA is simply an assumption based on the fact that it includes less-marketed athletic programs from smaller schools - it certainly isn’t because of their level of play. I think all of us would love to see C-USA sniff being a top-10 conference again. To do that, we’d have to nudge out the CAA.[/quote]
Richmond and VCU LEFT the CAA, for the A10 no less - Not sure the CAA over the last 5-10 years has been all that great.
My guess is Keatts will need to produce immediately (within 2 years) or be on the hot seat.

CAA did have Final Four teams in George Mason (2006) and VCU (2011), if that counts for anything.

CAA did have Final Four teams in George Mason (2006) and VCU (2011), if that counts for anything.[/quote]

It does.

Jeff Goodman reporting Will Wade to LSU

Good for VCU, hope their next hire sucks.

Also: Will Wade may be the biggest mercenary currently in college basketball.

I like for the VCUs of the world to do well. I think they will find a solid replacement. I am actually not sold on Wade, I believe he succeeded due to Shaka’s left over players and a watered down A10. The expectations will be high for the next coach, but not sure that will be an easy situation.

Among the names being mentioned are former VCU assistants Mike Rhoades of Rice and Jamion Christian of Mount St. Mary’s

Also: Will Wade may be the biggest mercenary currently in college basketball.[/quote]
Underwood?

clt says this needs more Carrie underwood pics.

Also: Will Wade may be the biggest mercenary currently in college basketball.[/quote]
Underwood?[/quote]
I’d give the edge to Wade. He slow played us and his name was thrown around with Clemson. Underwood to Illinois was pretty quiet and swift.

For CLT

Underwood?[/quote]
I’d give the edge to Wade. He slow played us and his name was thrown around with Clemson. Underwood to Illinois was pretty quick and swift.

For CLT
[/quote]

clt wonders if we made a serious run at Wade.

green dress means she is a 49er fan. Let her be ad.

Rice’s Mike Rhoades is in advanced talks with VCU and is expected to be the Rams’ next coach, a source told @CBSSports.

clt says that sounds like a step down.

Sports director Marc Davis of WWBT NBC12 in Richmond tweeted it’s a done deal and expect a press conference tomorrow

Hoopdirt reporting Winthrop’s Pat Kelsey to fill UMass vacancy

Followed by official announcement of his hiring by UMass AD Ryan Bamford

If Lutz was ever going to get back into college coaching in this area, Winthrop and UNCW would be good choices. In fact, if Winthrop will hire him I will go to a game there to cheer him on.