2018-19 Basketball Opponents

Our season is over so let’s get this conversation started. Overall, I think the games we have on the schedule to this point are pretty solid.

11/19 LONGWOOD
11/27 @ Davidson
12/1 @ College of Charleston

Non-Conference:
Oklahoma State
South Florida
Chattanooga
at Wake Forest

Diamondhead Classic (Honolu, HI)
Charlotte
Colorado
Hawaii
Indiana State
Rhode Island
Saint Mary’s
TCU
UNLV

I don’t have contracts yet, but I wouldn’t rule out the High Point game being part of a 2-for-1. We could use the Diamondhead Classic as a way to start a quality home-and-home, perhaps with Rhode Island, TCU or Saint Mary’s.

Let’s hope that Mike Hill plans to put an end to this non-division 1 crap.

1 Like

If we are watchable, that’s quite a few very driveable road trips

Nice schedule, hopefully we can be competitive.

Good schedule, certainly not shying away from good competition. Hope we are improved over this year though so that those games are easier to watch.
As for using the tournament to possibly get better OOC teams on our schedule I agree and I’m sure Hill will take full advantage of it.

We won’t be playing DIII teams anymore.

We sit here with the opportunity to change everything by just being competitive. The conference is primed after this season for some really good basketball and potentially multiple bids to the dance. With good coaching we are two or three seasons from dancing!

1 Like

This reminds me of Price’s first schedule… possibly even better. Problem being, we badly don’t need a repeat of rebooting against such a good schedule. We need a hire that will lock up our best players and pull in some additional help so we can make a showing against these teams.

Agreed, I think if we show progress and compete with some of these guys it will definitely show we are headed in the right direction.
I think WKU and MTSU would’ve both been dancing if they were in the A10 or AAC. Shame that CUSA gets such a bad wrap despite our conference champion taking out a higher seed the past two seasons.

Reading that September 25th is the first official day of practice for 2018-19 season

What happened to October 10th?

Per Davidson board our game at their place is 11/27, and Charleston released their schedule with us playing in their gym on 12/1 , in case anyone is interested in a weekend in that city.

Per LancersBlog we are hosting Longwood on 11/19. Don’t know when this contract was signed, but this is the first new series announced for upcoming season.

Hill alluded to this in his WBTV interview. We need to schedule teams this upcoming season we can compete against.

Very appealing home schedule.

Really like this schedule. Nearly all of the opponents were set by previous staff. Glad the last two opponents added (Longwood & JMU) aren’t huge challenges. Team needs to build confidence under new coach.

I think they just won me back. Season tickets once again. 4 games we should win there even with our talent deficit. If we play well, who knows. Davidson, USF, Wake and Charleston are all winnable, though I doubt we will be favored. Diamond head classic has some winnable games too.

Looks like this is set.

2018 Diamond Head Bracket

Looks like our opener in Hawaii is at 2:30 am Eastern time. Nice.

Looks like our opener in Hawaii is at 2:30 am Eastern time. Nice.

12:30am ET

Here is the bracket with ET listed:
http://espnevents.com/diamond-head-classic/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2018/07/Diamond-Head-Classic-Horizontal-Bracket.pdf