2018 Baseball Thread

I think we need to provide a crying closet for the visitors. Accommodate these millenials when we kick their ass.

1 Like

Hibbs was over in that area yelling at the bleacher bums to knock if off and leave. There’s heckling and then there’s just being assholes. I’m assuming they were being assholes.

ODU has a pretty nice set-up for their beer garden.

clt says that is actually the lounge at the tennis facility

what’s with the hold-up in the BB game? stats stuck on “No Play”

got it! lightening.

Arrrrrg!

what’s the rule? complete game after how many innings?

6-4 good guys. after lightening delay.

Niners win 6-4!!!

2 Likes

clt is seriously concerned. We have a pregnant baseball player? Or was it someone in the crowd?

clt needs answers to this lightening issue

Niners sweep the Herd.

2 Likes

Good to see Todd Elwood getting better as the season progresses.

I don’t think we are quite good enough to get an at-large bid this year to the NCAA tournament. Winning the CUSA tournament will be a tough row to hoe too. We seem to be making progress each year in CUSA. Hopefully, our pitching consistency will improve next year. I think we get all our position players back.

1 Like

Bojangles and 9erAlumnus would know better, but I’d say Hampton (CF) is for sure gone via draft, Hunter Jones (SS) lost to graduation, and Mims (3B) and Yett © each have a chance to be drafted also.

Yes. Reece will likely be drafted in the 1st 10 rounds so I think he signs. Hard to tell with Mims and Yett. Both are definitely draft eligible, have been at multiple schools, and have had pretty good seasons. It just depends on how high they go. You lose most of your leverage for signing bonus money when you go back for your Senior year, so we’ll just have to see how it plays out. I would also expect Josh to get drafted in a fairly decent round. He’s come on strong his senior year.

For reference, here are the signing bonuses from last years guys:

Netzer JR 4th Round- $475,000
Laws R-Soph 7th Round $183,300
Nichting SR 9th Round $5000
Jarrett SR 28th Round ?

1 Like

Keep in mind that every team, if they are any good at all, has players drafted after their junior year. It’s a good thing.
I wouldn’t mind at all having this happen each and every year. Can’t hurt recruiting to be able to point out our players leaving early, either.

I’d be shocked if Reece Hampton didn’t go professional this year.

Speaking of our pro guys, Colton Laws was called up to the Lansing Lugnuts a few weeks ago. He had a minor shoulder injury that prevented him from starting the season up there. Here is a nice interview with him on their pre-game show:

He makes his next start tomrrow night.

UTSA threw their aces at us. we lost 4-3. will be interesting to see how strategy unfolds tomorrow.

It’s possibly a throw away game. Seeds are set, I believe, so I bet we use our good arms sparingly.

The starters have been on a pitch count (60) all weekend. Joey Cooner missed last week’s start due to arm soreness. If he’s good to go, I’d guess Pickney and Bruce are in line for some work. We could also see Morrison, Craver, and Wynn get in if the situation is right.

The biggest thing to do today is get the bats some momentum before next week.