2018 Baseball Thread

He probably could pitch an inning or 2. Just depends on how much he threw in the 1st game.

The weather is about to screw the entire tournament up. I doubt we even take the field today.

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/college/conference-usa/university-of-southern-mississippi/article211743784.html

Almost 3 pm in Biloxi and the first game isn’t over yet. FAU up 4-3, B7. Yep, we probably won’t play today. So we would play tomorrow morning?

FIU ties it at 4 in the top of the 8th on a solo homer. Watch this game go into extras.

Going to be real interesting to see how these periodic showers obliterate pitching depth.

Honestly with so much rain in the forecast, they should go to 7 inning games as a precaution.

according to the charlotte49er schedule, our game is to start at “approximately” 11P.M. tonight.

FAU now has a 3 run lead headed to the 9th. Maybe they’ll finish this thing off so we can finally move on.

I think that Central time. We might start at Midnight.

Game one finally ends. 7-4 FAU. Rice/LT up next.

Mr B, about Josh…that’s kind of what I thought too…that would be another reason to start him in game one wouldn’t it? …I guess MAYBE he could still throw a little later on if he didn’t go far in game 2.

well, they’re kids. dates don’t start til 10:00.

Looks bad for getting all the tournament games in. I’m not sure even a single elimination format would be done by Sunday. This is going to be a tough way to miss our last chance at an NCAA bid.

we play at 9:00 A.M. tomorrow.

Yipee! We better win because the loser of our game plays again tomorrow, weather permitting.

This tournament is FUBAR.

Indeed! Beyond all recognition.

Expect more rain to keep the thing SUSFU, too.

1 Like

yeah-----that call on not starting Josh not looking too good right now. Down 7-1 in the 3rd.

playing like crap. Errors, bad pitching, down 9-1. Season likely over with the rain

Our pitching and defense have not been good. Perry getting rocked. 9-1 and there is a 10 run mercy rule.