2019-20 MBB Opponents and Schedule

It was both - four game series for both sports.

1 Like

The 49ers should play ECU, ASU, UNCG, UNCA, and the other in-state schools in as many sports as possible. With no in-state conference rivals, these games generate publicity and interest.

clt adds SC schools as well. people forget that we are closer to columbia SC than raleigh durham NC

I agree. I also nominate GaSt. easy drive to ATL.

Notable 2019 NBA Draft early entrant decisions per C-USA - 2019 FOY Charles Bassey (WKU) staying in the draft, while DaQuan Bracey (LA Tech) returning for his senior season. Latter led the Bulldogs in scoring last season with 15.5 ppg.

Per Goodman, Bassey decided last minute to withdraw from the draft. Probably makes him early front-runner for 2020 C-USA POY, as well as Hilltoppers faves to win the conference.

With the recruiting class Dirty Sanchez brought in??

He might be the favs to win POY…but I see the Hilltoppers as a distant 2nd behind the Niners at this point as favs to win the Conference. At least on paper.

clt says we should be preseason top 25

In CUSA…

Hilltoppers pay better than the NBA. Decision was a no brainer.

From North Texas beat writer Brett Vito:

FWIW…

Opened this up now for all to have access:

Updated schedule

11/12: DAVIDSON
11/17: WAKE FOREST
11/30: USC UPSTATE
12/3: UNC ASHEVILLE
12/7: @ UNC WILMINGTON
12/19: MARYLAND-EASTERN SHORE
12/22: @ EAST CAROLINA

TBD: @ APPALACHIAN STATE
TBD: @ JAMES MADISON

These are nine games on the record, which leaves room for a four-game MTE or a three game MTE.

I know it’s a weak schedule, but I love it. One of our biggest problems as a program is converting students into lifelong fans. If we get a few schools where they have friends, that helps our program in more ways than just a W. I am very pleased. This is exactly the type of schedule we need to be playing with a team this young.

This schedule is good. Local, known teams with their alumni paying to see them in Halton and best of all, games that are winnable. Winning is mostly what we need now with a new coach and young team. Once we get better we can go after the bigger boys.

3 Likes

This schedule should allow this young inexperienced team to build confidence which is very important to getting this program back on track. A tough schedule at this point serves no purpose. We ain’t getting an at large in this conference so strength of schedule doesn’t matter. Might as well play some winnable games this season & let the players build confidence for the future. Playing local teams is also good to build more local interest in the program. We’ve been at rock bottom so this schedule makes sense for a rebuilding program.

I still disagree with the idea that we can’t get an at large in cusa but i agree with the rest of this.

2 Likes

Me too…many teams have proven over the years, that it CAN be done (at-large bid from lower ranked conference). Is it much tougher? yes, of course, but it can be done.

1 Like

Never thought about it that way, but it makes so much sense