2019-20 MBB Opponents and Schedule

Local sucky teams better than sucky non-local teams. Never understood why we schedule a Monmouth.

Wasn’t really implying that it’s impossible to get an at large in CUSA. Just saying I doubt we are in a position to get an at large this coming season. Will take a pretty awesome team to break thru & get an at large in this conference & I don’t think we are at that point yet.

no argument there. i doubt we are in position to get an at large this season but i think we are a lot better than projections will say. i think this season is the beginning of really seeing what sanchez can do. excited to see how good the new guys are too.

2 Likes

Andy Katz has Charles Bassey (WKU) #4 and Luka Brajkovic (Davidson) #24 on this list:

Rob Dauster has Davidson #25 in his updated preseason top 25.

And Gary Parrish also includes Davidson in his updated top 25 + 1 at #22:

More Davidson…

Most people seem to look more to ECU and App in building in-state rivalries, which I get is mostly to do with football and the local press that can come with. But Davidson somehow continues to improve on the hardwood to the point where our hornets nest game would be the most significant in-state basketball game of the season behind UNC/DUKE if we finally get our shit together.

It’s easy to look down on Davidson basketball because we beat them consistently for 30 years, and the expectation is that we can get back to that, but they’re getting good enough that the potential is there for that one game to become our game of the year across all sports. I’m rooting for both teams to continue to improve.

1 Like

^ I think most fans are aware of all of your Davidson points. They are the closest and best rivalry team we have at the moment. The game is for the most part annual where as the other ones are not so that could be why no point to talk about the game. Sanchez needs to hurry up the rebuild if only for the damn Davidson game.

1 Like

Bassey (#4) and Brajkovic (#24) both on this list:

Davidson #31 per Katz:

And Davidson #25 on this list by Rob Dauster:

Season opens at James Madison on Wed November 6th, pre release of their schedule.

My suspicion is that the App game in Boone will be 11/9 or 11/10, and then Davidson will be the home opener.

There is a 13 day gap between Wake and Upstate, perfect for an MTE, many options are out there.

And speaking of Wake:

Davidson vis-a-vis the A-10 per Rothstein:

isn’t lee the kid who was all but signed with us at one point? what happened?

That is a perfect weekend for App game. We are on road in football. Panthers on road. Vets day wknd.

The annual College Sports Madness Top 144 has started and here are the first of seven C-USA teams in this year’s list:

#118 UAB (C-USA #5): https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17611

#125 UTEP (C-USA #6): https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17602

#137 FIU (C-USA #7): https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17588

Coaching move at WKU results in recruit following former assistant to DePaul.

1 Like

No exhibition game?