2019 C-USA Football Preseason, Scores, and Rankings

Well no wonder your Charlotte coverage suffers. If our own local beat writer can’t be bothered with us most of the time then surely no one else gives much of a damn to write about us.

I can understand the frustration. Give our new guy Hunter Bailey a shot. He’s a recent Charlotte grad.

I’m assuming that this is @ericchenry

Give him a follow. He is a bit Florida biased😉 but he does his homework more than most CUSA writers.

He’s not afraid to engage his commenters and is guy whose opinion I respect no matter how wrong he is.

Welcome to the board. We’ll help you find the tailgates when you are back in two years.

2 Likes

What’s the word “wrong” you speak of? Lol, no it’s been great covering C-USA the past year and a half. Lot of passionate fanbases, we’re just trying to do our part to provide a voice.

Appreciate the kind words, and I’m hoping to cover Niner game during FIU’s bye week. That aside, I hope to see a decent-sized Charlotte contingency when the team comes down here to South Florida in October.

1 Like

Hard to trust an article that says WKU will go 5-7 overall but 6-2 in conference.

5 Likes

Niners #10 on this list:

Healy #13 on this list. Thanks UTEP! :wink:

Osborne is good enough to start in the SEC and is not mentioned in the article. If he was factored in that would move us up a few notches.

You might say that FAU lost three games last season (including ours) because they didn’t have a kicker… and I don’t think Lane recruited one.

1 Like

WHAT’S IN A NAME?
Several Conference USA institutions are often misrep- resented when it comes to the correct spelling and abbre- viation of their names. The following is a list of names that seem to cause the most confusion. Please be sure
to use the correct spelling when referring to Conference USA and the schools.
Correct Usage
NEVER USE!!
Conference USA
C-USA
FIU
Florida Atlantic
LA Tech (abbreviation)
Southern Miss So. Mississippi So. Miss (abbreviation)
Conf. USA
CUSA
Florida International Fla. Atlantic
UAB Alabama-Birmingham Ala.-Birmingham
USM (stat abbreviation)
UTEP Texas-El Paso UTSA Texas-San Antonio
UT-San Antonio WKU Western Kentucky

clt asks what happened here?

Niners #7 on this list:

C-USA #8 on this list:

clt says that looks correct

Perhaps for some of us earlier alums we could get David Scott to do the same thing using Crosby, Stills and Nash lyrics?

Cyrus loves Lane Kiffen that he might have came up with that line and wrote the article around it.

In before anyone mentions Hymns for Lambert.