2019 C-USA Football Preseason, Scores, and Rankings

C-USA #8 on this list as well:

clt says we need to beat umass to build momentum for the clempson game

Optimistic view but we do have some good front line talent.

3 Likes

Charlotte picked by the media to finish 7th in CUSA East.

Last in the divisionā€¦ I didnā€™t realize that we lost a ton of starters. The must think Lambert and co was much better than this staff.

Theyā€™re lazy homers who do no research.

2 Likes

I thought Coach did a good job with his first interview on media day today. Lemay and Highsmith seemed to be bought into his style and philosophy. Hopefully we have a solid season. Would love to see us get to that .500 range, but it will be tough. I really just want to see some fire from the guys like last years D. Our offense has got to get that.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

clt says Judy sounds ok with us leaving

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article232824347.html

Can Healy win Conference Coach of the Year by substantially beating expectations, or must he win the Conference regular season or Championship game? If we go 5-3 in C-USA and win 8 total games will that do it?

2 Likes

We win 8 and bowl, Iā€™d think he has a great shot if no one runs the table.

2 Likes

Defensively, Healy expects incoming transfers Brelin Faison-Walden, a junior linebacker from Greensboro previously at Penn State, and Marquill Osborne, a senior defensive back from Cornelius who transferred from Tennessee, to play a considerable number of snaps.

ā€œBoth those guys have been really good (in practice). Brelinā€™s got three years left and Marquillā€™s just got one,ā€ Healy said. ā€œThose were local guys that wanted to come back home. When we did the background, the research, they were tremendous fits. Great people and have worked really hard.ā€