2019 Football Coaching Carousel

Now who is the favorite to win CUSA East next season? :wink:

clt says Memphis has a better shot to win the natty than fsu

Drinkwitz out at App State

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28255132/missouri-finalizing-deal-hire-eli-drinkwitz-head-coach%3fplatform=amp

1 Like

Man, some players will have 3 coaches in 3 years. Iā€™m guessing the buy out clause will keep going up.

clt says that is a tough look for appy. Heals turns Down the mizz jjob and the appy coach jumps for it after a miracle season

2 Likes

Iā€™m confused. Healy was offered Ole Miss? Thought it was Mizzou his name was being mentioned with.

Rumor was Mizzou wanted him but he wanted to bring his staffā€¦they said he needed an SEC experienced staff so he pulled his name out.

Ole Miss had him on their list but in their 2nd tier.

Never really offered officially by eitherā€¦but Mizzou was close.

Againā€¦these were the reported rumors.

OK. Thanks!

Actually, the word is that Healy declined to be interviewed by Mizzouā€™s executive search committee.

1 Like

Correctā€¦but per the rumorā€¦he declined to move forward because of their insistence that he would have to build a staff with SEC experience and couldnā€™t bring his guys

That is correct, a legit journalist Jimmy Hyams reported the above, anything else is unsubstantiated internet rumor.

See that Drinkwitz from is Oklahoma, went to college in Arkansas and got his coaching start in the latter state as well. So not so surprised to see him be drawn to Mizzou.

Nah, I dont think it got that far. He just told them he wasnā€™t interested.

For Drink to be so young (36)ā€¦he sure is well travelled with a ton of experience at a bunch of different programs.

Appy is poorly positioned to continue at their level; ECU has no Chancellor, a weak AD and financial problems; UNC-CH has a 68 year old coach and Dukeā€™s is 65; and Wake and State are not that good. I feel like the opportunity is sitting there for Charlotte to ascend. 2-3 years of Healy ball could have us in the top couple of teams in the state. I hope we cash these chips in.

2 Likes

Stars are lining up well for us. Last time stars lined up our AD sucked and we didnt take advantage of it, this time I think we are ready and being proactive.

5 Likes