2019 Men's Hoops Coaching Carousel

If we start having to worry about App basketball recruiting, we are in worse shape than I thought.

I’m not worried.

If you can believe the Appy board, their AD did not want Bobby because he is too old. He will be 61 this year, so you know he could die at any point. Kerns has 31 lifetime wins. Lutz has 398. And many of Bobby’s came against Cincy, Louisville, etc. I am no AD, but I think if you have a coach like Bobby willing to work for the scraps you are paying, you better at least talk to him.

Who’s to say they didn’t and ended up going in another direction?

They definitely did, and that suits me just fine. Appy doesn’t care about hoops, and I want their results to reflect that. However, if Bobby wanted this last shot then I wanted it for him, and there is no way this AD shouldn’t talk to him unless there is some scuttlebutt that he is tied in to the monkey business that was going on with Orlando Early at NCSU, and that doesn’t sound like Lutz. Bringing Bobby in for an interview would have cost Gillin nothing but an hour of his time. I doubt Bobby would have asked for gas money. Gillin just hired a guy whose resume highlight was going 9-7 in the Big South, so he should at least have been intrigued enough to see what Lutz had to say. However, it is heartening to think that Gillin may be a buffoon, and perhaps Drinkwitz will send their football program to Sun Belt mediocrity. The timing would be great.

clt says the Redford coach and lutz turned down appy.

Another lutz thread!

More on Coach Cal…

And latest…

https://twitter.com/UKSportsNetwork/status/1112838931379310592

hahahaha-suckers

Well, they did sign the highest rated prospect in the two classes.

I like Kotie and would hate to see this. He is a pretty impressive Asst Coach, and you can tell he is on the path to having his own program, but I wanted to have him here for a few years to help Sanchez build this thing. Getting the W&M job would probably be a good opportunity for him.

It’d be a great opportunity for him. My wheels are turning with how we replace. Dink to bench and then perhaps we bring someone in like Sean Colson or Jeff McInnis to a Player Development role. Would be all for that.

Would love to steal Allison or Long.

No Kimble reference here: https://hoopdirt.com/daily-dirt-4-2-19/

1 Like