2019 Week 10: Middle Tennessee

We played really disciplined ball today. Thatā€™s was refreshing. Canā€™t remember many penalties at all

Only 3 flags total. We had 1 for 5 yards. They had 2 for 9 yards.

1 Like

Very impressed by clock management after we took the lead. It was seamless and exquisite. We snapped the ball with about 5 or less seconds left on the play clock. It was a joy to behold. Like a snake patiently squeezing its prey breathless before devouring it. This was even more impressive considering Benny did not play . :star_struck: Iā€™m still on Cloud (Forty) Nine. Feeling good about the weeks to come.

3 Likes

Glad to finally beat MTSU

6 Likes

We all have lots and lots that reinforce this perspective. My hopes are reignited with this win, but I assume there will still be a collective breath held even when favored next week.

Well said, I share the same thoughts. I agreed the coaches need to install the schemes theyā€™ll ultimately run but was losing faith in our ability to make adjustments on defense. We can only get better from here with improved recruiting, thatā€™s something to really get excited about!!

My biggest disappointment with this game was tucker not being able to come down with the catch at the end of the game. Footballwise I wish nothing but the worst for Stockstill, especially as long as hes at MTSU. What he did in 2015 was absolutely classless.

5 Likes

People in our part of the stands were talking about 2015

2 Likes

Probably most complete game we have ever played. Proud of the team and our fans for showing up. I knew things were going to be good crowd wise when there was a huge line at gate 2 5 minutes into the game.

Our tailgate had a great turnout and the atmosphere up near stadium was awesome. Just a great day!

7 Likes

clt says we are still having issues with tickets being scanned

Multiple iterations of the Forty - Niners chant being successfully performed by the two haves of the stadium made NLP quite pleased with the dayā€™s festivities. Imagine if someone gave you a cake. Omg, you have a cake! What a great day! And now imagine that person puts icing on the cake as well. IS THIS EVEN REAL LIFE?

That was yesterday.

1 Like

Only problem was a certain club in Norfolk forgetting to make that icing extra smooth.

Couple of small takes. Was very happy to see the crowd turnout as compared to last week. I know Lemay and McAllisters measurements are listed almost identical but McAllister looks massive between the tackles when used to seeing Lemay week to week. The strip fumble on the long run by Oā€™Hara was critical and really took all the air out for them. All around, great football yesterday and it was fun to watch. Hope Benny is able to remain healthy for the long haul

1 Like

The crowd was great yesterday, weather was amazing!

I didnā€™t see our defense holding up and I am so glad I was wrong. Even without Benny we ran the ball really well. Rather we beat UTEP or not the Marshall game should be a great atmosphere.

In the 4th Qtr when MT began to move the ball at will I got a little nervous. I have seen that movie before. Had we put in 2nd and 3rd stringers, or did they just figure something out?

1 Like

Not sure but we might have gone to more of a prevent type defense, opening up the underneath.

1 Like

They basically went into a hurry up offense, which didnā€™t let us adjust quickly enough or run in substitutes. Luckily for us enough stuff caused game stoppages for us to get a better handle on it after their 3rd TD.

Wonder what the post game conversation between coaches was like?
ā€œWhy you trying for a touchdown after the outcome was decided?ā€
"2015, mother f "

2 Likes

I didnā€™t care for us coming out of our offense that early in the 4th. Felt like we went to some straight up the middle runs to burn clock, which I get but put us in some down and distance challenges that we had to work ourselves out of. It all worked out, but it gave me a bit of heart burn.

Man what an awesome game that was! Really good to finally beat MTSU 4 years after they hung 73 on us. Thought defense played their best of the season forcing two turnovers and stalemating the MTSU offense all day.
Offense looks really good, excellent play calling throughout including on the 4th and short for the Reynolds TD. Man that W felt GOOD!