2019 Week 13: Marshall

Preferably one with a stupid amount of overtimes to exhaust the Herdā€™s starters.

2 Likes

Any pristine bodies of water near that location?

1 Like

Maybe they can rent the temp pool that Bass Pro Shops uses in their parking lot to do kayak demos!

What a great location they picked! Yā€™all make sure to let them know how easy of a walk that is!

Marshall fans are probably not big wine drinkers, but if they try I can tell them that Macadoā€™s has only one wine glass. One. They broke all the others and now serve their wine in old-fashioned glasses, using the one remaining wine glass to measure the pour. Hey Macadoā€™s, either be in the bar business or donā€™t, your call. Nobody is expecting them to have good wine, but even swill should come in a real glass.

clt says marshal fans would drink wine from a canā€¦then obviously toss the can in our pristine creeks

Doesnā€™t Marshall accept non-qualifiers?

They do.

I got zero issues with taking non-qualifiers. If you can get them and they help, why not? They just have to be a small piece of your puzzle, too unpredictable to count on them to be your main roster fixes.

Love Macados food but the service is shit and it isnā€™t just at this location. Good luck getting out of there on time for the game.

but only if they present evidence that they can benefit from the scholarship. there are kids that can flourish in the right environment. and there are kids that are losers or just donā€™t have it. donā€™t ask me how to tell the difference. i practiced psychology for 20 years after leaving the university, but i have no clue how to separate the ā€œwheat from the chaffā€.

I also have no problem with non qualifiers as long as the school works with the kids on their academia.

Having kids in high school and watching their peers who are athletes navigate recruitment, school, and worrying about their next meal, itā€™s easy to see how school could become a lower priority. Iā€™m cool with someone using their resources giving them a chance.

As long as they are getting real opportunities and not walking into a Chapel Hill situation, Iā€™m kind of for it.

Iā€™ve voiced this question before: how does taking non-qualifiers affect our favor-ability to a better conference, i.e. AAC?

AAC does not allow their schools to accept non-qualifiers, SEC/ACC I believe allow (4) per school. Like several above I personally have no issue with it but it is discouraged by higher level conferences (although that stance appears to be softening)

How do you feel about this? Look I want 50000 people there but the email was worded poorly imo.

You show your gratitude by asking me to give away my tickets?

I love seeing them proactively reaching out like this.

They arenā€™t asking you to give away tickets, just trying to make sure the seats donā€™t go unused. I see no issue with the approach.

7 Likes

Totally agree.

1 Like

I have zero problems with this email. We all know certain FSL owners buy tickets for support reasons and often donā€™t attend games. Why not ask them to make sure they put these tickets into the hands of other 49ers and not other teamsā€™ fans?

4 Likes