2019 Week 9: North Texas

Nice fella. Hope I run in to you next week. Seems like an inviting atmosphere.

Reynolds also had 96 yards rushing, he played Mason Fine to a standstill (at worst). Iā€™ll take it, and the W.

2 Likes

From your keyboard to the league officeā€™s voters. I just donā€™t hold out much hope of that happening. Would love it if it did.

More than welcome to come by the lower blue lot anytime.

Yep it sounds like it. Hang out with Mr. Sunshine.

Your honor I submit exhibit 1 for evidence . I cede the rest of my time.

Student turnout was maybe 500? What a joke

1 Like

Maybe they had ā€œfamily obligationsā€?

Got an e-mail immediately after the win for a flash sale next week. 49% off. This AD is on top of it.

2 Likes

My daughter had her 16th bday party today. I was able to watch and listen on my phone.

Sorry I was an ass.

No one was calling you out specifically, but since you took it that way go ahead and run with it. Thereā€™s a big difference between a once a year event like that and the usual excuses not to come, but you can still lump yourself in with the ASS crowd if it makes you feel better. Thatā€™s on you.

1 Like

Sorry I thought ā€œfanbaseā€ was pretty specific.

Just go to the game, enjoy the game, have a blast and pull for the Niners. I donā€™t get the need to go and sit around and worry why no one else is there and ridicule them for not showing up. Itā€™s like it becomes the reason to go. Just to see who is not there and then call them names and complain.

Great win today. Enjoy it. If they start to win people will come.

On a more interesting note, this is only the 2nd time we have defeated a conference foe in the first game of the series, the other time was UAB in 2017. We have a chance to do it a 3rd time against UTEP next month. Only one more chance left after that for the current configuration of C-USA and that will be against La. Tech, presumably in 2021.

clt says most youth fall sports are wrapping up soon, not starting

There was a big Halloween bar craw today that is very popular amongst the students/young adults. I think that had a contribution to the crowd size.

Reading through the North Texas in game blog reminded me of how awful their coaching was yesterday.
Throwing that incomplete pass on third down when they were trying to run out the clock was Lambert worthy
(unworthy). Also, calling time out on 4th and 1 and then running straight up the middle to be stuffed was not exactly a genius move on their part. When Mason Fine moves on from NT, they are going to be in world of hurt.

Saving time for anyone who wants to read David Scottā€™s write up of the game: Donā€™t bother.

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t happy we didnā€™t try to take the 3 points in the beginning and instead going for it on 4th down. Luckily played out for us

4 Likes

Alex Atkins is really good at his job.

D wonā€™t get much credit around here, but they came up huge at the end of the game, and thatā€™s what the 4-2-5 is designed to do. Get teams in passing situations, and take advantage of their mistakes. I thought we took care of the run better, but left more holes in the secondary.

Alex highsmith does everything for us. I was getting tired just watching him. I do love what west has done with him. Heā€™s getting double and triple teamed every snap. So weā€™re using him in coverage more. Takes away two of their lineman. And gives us an extra zone defender. Thatā€™s how segura and watts were able to run free at the QB a few times.

Was glad to see BFW get some snaps. He looked better yesterday than he did all summer IMO.

That QB had heisman hype. He did what he does. We got no pass rush.

Everybody on offense played a heck of a game. Reynolds had all day. Benny ran hard. Receivers were max effort. O line was a wall.