Kudos to Niners WBB frosh Jacee Busick! :clap:

MBB POTW: Taevion Kinsey, Marshall

MBB FOTW: Kenneth Lofton Jr., LA Tech

Lofton quite a load at 6-7, 275 lbs!

C-USA Players of the Week - Dec 14th

POTW: Charles Bassey, WKU (2nd award)

FOTW: Jaron Pierre Jr., Southern Miss

C-USA Players of the Week - Dec 21st

Kudos to Jahmir on his first conference player of the week award. Won’t be the last! :clap:

Not surprised that there are co-POTWs this week but thought it would be Bassey and UTEP’s Bryson Williams. Latter had 22 pts and 10 rebs in Miners win over Arizona State.

Co-POTW: JAHMIR YOUNG, CHARLOTTE

Co-POTW: Charles Bassey, WKU (3rd award)

FOTW: Kenneth Lofton Jr., LA Tech (2nd award)

Michael DeCourcy not buying the Hilltoppers in his first bracketology. Has Marshall in as a #14 seed:

https://twitter.com/CBBonFOX/status/1343634450656063488?s=20

C-USA Players of the Week - Dec 28th

POTW: Luke Frampton, WKU

FOTW: Kenneth Lofton Jr., LA Tech (3rd award)

See that we’re still going to play UTEP and UTSA, so remains a 16 game league slate.

I think we are playing UAB. So that means an 18 game league slate.

Purpose?

Oops! Thanks for catching that! It is indeed an 18 game regular season conference slate.

1 Like

Good question. Most other conferences that are temporarily employing divisions this season have done so with no cross-division play. As such, that will result in playing some conference mates four times! Hmm… :thinking:

I have been trying to figure out what the advantage is to this if the schedule stays the same. If the tournament is seeded by record then it doesn’t seem like anything is really changing except for crowning division champions.

1 Like

Just speculation, but wondering if it could be part of a contingency plan if the league is unable to hold the conference tournament in Frisco due to COVID-19-related reasons, etc.

Cost saving measure.

How? ?

The only thing I see that is different is divisional seeding will be utilized for the conference tournament. First round matchups in the CUSA tournament will include cross-divisional contests.