2020 College Hoops Coaching Carousel

I don’t know what it is but something with Bobby is hindering him. He has interviewed for a ton of jobs and something he says or does is blocking him.

I think I would be correct in saying that Wake has recruited pretty well during the Manning years, particularily considering where they have finished in the conference standings. Like us, they have had a lot of guys transfer or declare for the NBA (unlike us). So they have had little stability on their teams. I’ve never thought of Manning as a very good coach (even at Tulsa), but he did pretty well recruiting good players. If the next coach can hold on to his players, they have a better chance of getting back to the upper half of the ACC. But like someone else said, it’s tougher now with Louisville and Syracuse in the conference.

I think what continues to hurt Bobby is that he worked at State during the scandal years. Nothing has really come out of that but everyone knows they were paying Denis Smith Jr.

Yeah I’m not saying they can’t but like others have said, it seems to be a steep hill to climb to be a top 6 team in ACC. Whatever the end goal would be.

I’m bored of this Wake Forest talk. Can be get back to discussing ECU?

Maybe Wake should hire ECU’s coach. Seems like I’ve heard someone around here say he’s really good.

I’ve heard Jeff Lebo is available

Wake opened a state of the art gym and training facility and rumor has it only the women’s team and men’s team trainers were using the weight/conditioning equipment.

Either the staff werent pushing the team to get better or they collectively gave 0 shits.

1 Like

Per CBS Sports, these are the candidates:

https://www.coachmajor.com/#contact

Per Goodman, it’s still Forbes and Miller. Apparently Currie did initially reach out to Tommy Amaker and Thad Matta but nothing became of either of those.

between the two, im ore scared of them hiring forbes. think he is a quicker turnaround for them.

This is interesting, to say the least!