2020 Football Schedule

From Brett McMurphy:

Even with the great recruiting class they have this year… I think we have a good chance at competing in this game and maybe pulling off an upset …

PS: in the article it didn’t mention Tre Harbison at all but mentioned Ishod Finger as LeMay’s replacement. Goes to show how much effort they “really” put into scouting us. That long article you would think they would of covered all the logistics correctly

1 Like

Not missing a chance to give us back the Finger.

BGVol95 said… (original post)Vols pull the upset this year and win on opening weekend for the first time in the Pruitt era 44-17.

We absolutely need this to happen so the #2 QB gets some significant PT (hopefully 4th qtr+).

Vols fans expecting to beat us like Clemson did.

They expected that last time too.

2 Likes

Alex blew up in the game vs TN and never looked back. If we play, I hope we have another breakout performance!

Lotta discussion about whether or not to try to salvage these non-conference games going on. Way too early to make any decisions, but there is some sentiment that there are too many $$$ tied up in these games and the conferences may end up abbreviating their seasons instead. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Probably a lot of G5 programs sweating those money games to maintain their staff, which is a shame.

Mike Hill was on WFNZ yesterday talking about this. I think he said we get $1.5 mill from the Tennessee game.

2 Likes

Hope it’s played.

1 Like

Hmmm. If our opener against the Vols is played in an empty stadium, will we still get our 1.5 million?

Can’t imagine they play it if has to be empty stadium. If that risky, still risky to teams

FWIW, it’s $1.3 million for the game at Tennessee, not $1.5 million.

Good piece that includes a comparison between C-USA and SEC revenue sources:

clt says don’t worry.

Includes possibility of adding 2 schools and playing east/west divisions to cut down on travel.