2020 Football Schedule

Sounded pretty good until I got to the 2 schools the article proposed adding. Would be all for this if they could add App State to the East division.

The Charlotte game at Duke is not a money game. Duke comes to Charlotte for a return game.

2 Likes

North Florida and Stetson??? Really???

1 Like

Conference needs to split before doing that, unfortunately that can’t happen until CPF contract is renewed.

Yeah those options suck. App or one of the 2 Georgia Sunbelt schools would make more sense. Probably more complicated for them to get out of the Sunbelt but surely we can find better options than North Florida & Stetson. We really just need CUSA & Sunbelt to merge or swap some schools to become more regional.

Landon writes for the paper in Huntington, WV – I know, I was surprised they had one too. Marshall fans are pretty pissy these days about C-USA, and I think that informs the tone of his articles.

In all the years I have been reading Landon’s stuff, usually pretty good but occasionally he does have an idea that’s out-there!

I think the idea is to only add schools for hoops/Olympic sports. Travel doesn’t really matter as much for football because we only play one western division team on the road each year anyway.

1 Like

So would that mean the new members would not participate in football. I didn’t really get that from the article but maybe it was implied. If that’s the case then App wouldn’t go for that scenario but if it’s to participate in all sports App would be a great addition for football. While App is not great in basketball, they are still at least as good if not better than North Florida.

Landon just pulling a couple of names out of the air so wouldn’t put much stock into the Hatters and the Ospreys joining C-USA.

If anything, C-USA and the Sun Belt should look at swapping members based on geographical proximity.

2 Likes

Very depressing speculation on talk radio about there not being a college football season in 2020. :pensive:

Why not move some of the conference games to August and possibly limit attendance? I feel more comfortable going to an August night game than a November game.

I was told this morning from an App alum that they are dropping men’s soccer. App is making plans that they will not play any non-conference football games this year.

I hate to see all these schools dropping men’s soccer. It’s an important up and coming sport in America that should be a scholarship sport at major universities.

2 Likes

What if CUSA moved the last four November games to August? Playing night games in August seems safer than games in the cooler month of November. CUSA school don’t fill their stadiums to begin with so spacing the fans out should not be a problem.

You have to consider time needed prior to games for proper physical football conditioning. If people can’t get together earlier they won’t be ready to play in August. Don’t believe restrictions on gathering in groups (practice) will be lifted in time for August games.

clt learned today that appy has a soccer team,

1 Like

Yeah I’m in the same boat. Had no clue they had soccer.

Gotta be tough with the balls always running downhill.

4 Likes