2021-22 49er Basketball ⛏️🏀

ACC the best conference? Sure :roll_eyes:

Charlotte does not run the UVA offense. Motor brought the William and Mary offense with him.

I assume you missed the word “arguably.”

The point is…the ACC in basketball if you want to call it a Top 3 Conference…carries a lot of weight with recruits. Moreso than CUSA by about a dumptruck load.

I will concede that being a top 5 conference does carry more weight with elite recruits than a top 15 one. Just won’t buy the propaganda that the ACC is ALWAYS the best conference.

I’m just curious. But y’all seem to lean the scales more towards talent. We’re not UVA. There are plenty of mid major programs out there with reputable play. Hell, arguably the best team in the country falls in that category. I don’t know the perfect answer but it’s obviously not an easy one

Toledo beat the crap out of Northwestern Ohio tonight

Then it goes back to Sanchez just can’t coach to save his life… and if that’s the case, don’t know why he is still our head coach, I’m sure we can find someone else to pay 750k to get the same results.

30 years ago :wink:

1 Like

clt says big10 is best mbb conference

It’s definitely not always the best conference…but it’s pretty good.

We aren’t going to be able to recruit against ACC schools. We need someone who can find hidden gem’s in recruiting, develop some talent, utilize the transfer portal, and make decent in-game coaching decisions…I mean how hard can it be? :joy: :sob:

1 Like

When Major was here we had Woods (WFU) Dorin (State), Thorne (Illinois), Izundu ( Miami) and Lester who could play in the ACC. I understand your point but BB is a different animal and only takes 2 studs and 3 guys who know their role. In a city like Charlotte the right Coach and recruiters could make this a destination again with AAC competition. That is why I am so disgusted where we are at and been at for the last 15 years.

1 Like

I think we as a fanbase have followed the program’s lead - we have gotten very good and very used to making excuses for failure. Especially sustained failure.

I can’t remember if those guys were highly recruited by bigger name schools coming out of high school or not. Rather they were and Major got them to choose Charlotte or he was able to identify talent others overlooked, it proves that Major was a great recruiter. Sadly that’s all he did well.

I hope we find the right coaching staff to make this a destination again. Major, Price, or Sanchez have all failed to get us back to the NCAA tournament.

2 Likes

They. Are. No. Belmont Abbey

Karen Hater GIF

First NET rankings are out and we’re #201.

https://stats.ncaa.org/teams/527661

37-53 with NET over 200… yeah, this guy should totally be retained.

Extended even.

2 Likes