2021-22 MBB Charlotte @ Nassau Championship, 11/22-24

If we go in to the half down 7 after shooting the ball like that, then we are going to lose by 20+.

As it is, we wanted our beat offensive output in maybe a decade or more.

Why is it so hard to have both offense and defense show up at the same time

Coach West take over coaching defense for Sanchez??

1 Like

clt says trapp is in foul trouble early

clt says call timeout!

We are getting rocked by a bad basketball team. Theyā€™ve already scored more pts than they did against Oakland. We look like a joke.

We are losing the game on the boards. 20 - 10. given up 11 second chance points.

Donā€™t see how you can say Toledo is a bad basketball team

1 Like

Only watching the stats, but we seem to be fighting. We may be able to squeak out a victory.

I was wrong.

Toledo is not a bad team. We are not playing well defensively. They are spacing us out and driving the lanes.

our defense blows allowing 59% shooting for the game

Career highs, incredible shooting %sā€¦ To a team that was outscored 49-27 in the 2nd half of their last game and hasnā€™t been to the NCAA tournament since 1980.

They are a bad program and we made them look like GD legends.

So sick of this shit. Same fucking story over and over.

Us making them look good doesnā€™t make them a good team

It makes us a bad one.

They will get drubbed in their next 2 games.

Itā€™s a Niner law.

We are hellbent on making sure they score 100.

Congrats!!!

Toledoā€¦ Best team in NCAA basketball!!

POWERHOUSE

I didnā€™t say they were a good team. I said they are not a bad team.

I would have liked to see us switch things up. Maybe go zone for a couple possessions to see how they react or maybe press. We gave them basically the same look the whole game. Good coaches make adjustments.

On a positive note, it was good to see us score a lot of points on the offensive end. That was non-existent last year. Hopefully our defense will improve as the year progresses.

2 Likes

Toledo scored 98 on us. Toledo.

For reference, in Tony Bennettā€™s third year at UVA the highest any opponent scored on them was 77 points (in a game that they won) and the next was on the road against #5 UNC who scored 70 points.

In their fourth year it was 93, and that was against UNC at the Dean Dome and the next highest opponent score in regulation was 75. If anyone thinks we are playing the same style basketball as UVA, they are bonkers.

We will never get to where we want to be with Sanchez. Never.

2 Likes

FWIW, Toledo would beat the snot out of Belmont Abbey.

3 Likes

Not happy with result, naturally. It is one ball game. Look across college basketball and you will see very few undefeated teams after just 3-5 games.
We are going to lose some games. Key for me is, how will we respond? Will we suck it up and win the next two or come back 0-3?
Letā€™s see before everyone starts chanting, ā€œthe sky is fallingā€.

2 Likes

Sanchez ainā€™t it.

Someone please tell me what Sanchezā€™s teams calling card is? After these few years I still canā€™t tell. We never impose our will on anyone.

Sanchez is a stubborn grinder. Same defense the whole game and same offense with too many perimeter passes along the 3 point line. Completely agree why donā€™t you go zone for a few minutes and take away their driving lanes to change it up and give them a different look.

2 Likes

I think the difference in opinion on how ā€œgoodā€ we are comes down to expectations, in Sanchezā€™s 4th year most of the 49ers die hards would say we should be a top 100 team if he is doing his job. Nothing in the last 12 months shows that we are close to that, on top of that he hasnā€™t shown he is a good in game coach that knows what he is doing. I donā€™t know how much longer we give him though, this team has talent, but if we are going to be a middle of the pack CUSA team we should be able to find a coach that is a lot cheaper that can do the same thing.

1 Like

Preach TSD. That was unforgivable.

When I learned they had lost the 2020 MAC POTY to a transfer, and they still beat us like a drum, it made me sick.