2021-22 MBB Charlotte @ Nassau Championship, 11/22-24

They did not beat us like a drum. It was a one point game with three minutes to go and then we missed like 5 straight shots.

2 Likes

If you say so. I donā€™t understand why our fans consistently rationalize failure.

I 100% agree with the zone suggestionā€¦ Does Sanchez not think of that or is he just that stubborn on insisting on his way? Loved how Lutz would change defenses often throughout a game.

Is this just a hallmark of Hillā€™s hiring??

Neither Healy nor Sanchez seem willing or capable of making adjustments. Just stubbornly continuing to play the same style or same way regardless of how itā€™s working. No in game adjustmentsā€¦ No halftime adjustmentsā€¦ Nothing. Just keep doing the same shit the same way no matter how bad things are going.

Hillā€¦ Next hire ask about the ability to be flexible, creative and make adjustments.

Please.

2 Likes

As I have said before, we have some of the worst fans of any team in basketball. If you hate our team and coach so much, quit watching the games and save your sanity

4 Likes

For the most partā€¦I haveā€¦and youā€™re right, itā€™s liberating not to care as much while we suck ass. And Iā€™m being seriously honest about that.

1 Like

It is a very simple and selfish reason for me

because I would not be able to hang out with you anymoreā€¦

Caught myself watching an exciting, extremely athletic, ranked team beat Marquette and win the Charleston Classic.

It was freaking St Bonaventure.

Saint.

Bonaventure.

We havenā€™t been relevant in basketball in going on 17 years, and people think Iā€™m impatient.

Sanchez has completely flipped the roster and just gave up almost 100 pts to freaking Toledo because he wouldnā€™t adjust. Questioning that is wrong.

Says it all.

1 Like

And by the way, he got a contract extension.

clt says at least no one had to watch it because of flo

not today no GIF by Flo From Progressive

2 Likes

2 actually.

I actually forgot about the game while working.

If you think back to the Sanchez hire, it was going to take time to change things and get people to learn the pack line, etc. How is that gonna play out in the new world of the portal. Given that the defense is supposed to be tough to learn/implement, it makes sense we faltered there with so many new people.

But, how can we make a future of playing a tough to learn system if we have to reload every year in the portal?

2 Likes

Does anyone know what happened to the Drexel Tulane basketball game as we will play the loser of this game. Watching the stats itā€™s been stuck on 12 minutes and 15 seconds for a long long time now. Canā€™t understand why the game is stopped?

I didnā€™t get to watch so just based on box and what Iā€™ve seen yā€™all sayā€¦ā€¦Well we wanted Ron to embrace the quicker tempo offense and score. We are getting that this year so not sure how anyone says Ron canā€™t adjust and respond. The issue is the D which has been off standard set last few years. Is that a shift in philosophy or is this just incorporating new talent early.

Bobbyā€™s team routinely struggled with his Defensive sets early in the season so Ivam not worriedā€¦ yet.

I would like to see a bit more minutes for the bench here.

1 Like

FWIW- When I looked lasted week, Toledo was 132 and we were 168 in the Sagarin ratings. Drexel was 160 and Tulane was 165. Jack St was 170, Valpo was 220 and Coastal was 230

Water leak!!!

1 Like

How can a water leak stop the Green Wave?

4 Likes

Just had a visual on the maintenance crew in the Bahamas.

Start the whole tourney again tomorrow. Make todayā€™s game be a scrimmage

4 Likes