2021-22 MBB Charlotte @ Nassau Championship, 11/22-24

This game was lost at the FT line 25/31 for Toledo vs 10/16 for Charlotte. I know Charlotte fouled at the end but the lead also increase. Did not see the game, so do not know if the Refs called it tight or not. However, based on previous messages, Toledo was getting to the rim, while Charlotte was shooting 3s.

Not going to say anything more about the D. 86 points should be a 20pt victory for us.

Another decent showing from Threadgill. Hopes he keeps it up.

What is the status on Jallow and Berry? Are they going to play this year? Would love to see them in the rotation. Need another player that can create their own shot.

Both teams were playing very similar in terms of shot selection. They used the dribble drive to attack the rim while we were using our 5 man feeding backdoor cuts.

The difference was that the refs in the last 4 minutes of the first half started calling fouls on us almost every possession. Before that, both teams were stroking jumpers from all over the court. It was a spectacle. Cannot remember seeing two teams shoot that well for that long in recent memory.

1 Like

Boy howdy! This f**ks up the whole tournament.
Iā€™m guessing this means we wonā€™t be playing at noon tomorrow.

Tulane and Drexel going to OT, 77-77.

Tulane vs Drexel headed to OT

FWIW, Tulane led 42-30 at halftime. Drexel took a 77-74 lead with under a minute to go but a turnover and a foul on a lay up allowed the Green Wave to tie the game and force OT.

Tulane wins

Niners and Dragons tomorrow at high noon!

Drexel (2-2) has a win over Philly rival St. Joeā€™s and a loss to Syracuse. (A November 12th game with Fairleigh Dickinson was postponed due to a transportation issue.)

The Dragons were picked #3 in the Colonial preseason poll behind #1 Delaware and #2 Northeastern. Two players named to the CAA preseason first team - James Butler and Camren Wynter - with latter tabbed the preseason conference POY.

See that Drexelā€™s leading scorer vs Tulane was 6-6 Melik Martin with a career high 27 pts. Grad transfer from Monmouth, where he was 3rd team all-MAAC last season.

The aforementioned Butler and Wynter chipped in 14 and 13 respectively.

Looks like our first ever meeting with Drexel, which played its initial collegiate game on November 22, 1894 - a 26-1 win over Temple.

Also see that more recently - February 22, 2018 - Drexel came back from a 34 point deficit to defeat Delaware 85ā€“83 to complete the largest comeback in NCAA D-I MBB history.

Hunter @ Tulane is someone we should of hired many years agoā€¦.
I believe i advocated that during the Price hireā€¦ as someone here in atlanta it made no sense to hire Price
over Hunter.

Like Lutz he knows how to build a roster.

Agree with this totally. I think incorporating the bench may assist with scoring droughts. Some guys can play 30 mins a night. Some canā€™t.

Hunter turned around Georgia State, plays zone 100%, typically guard heavy with smaller forwards and centersā€¦heā€™s a great coach and if heā€™s your coach you love him, but he can be stubborn too. Great with the mediaā€¦Niner fans would have loved him and his energy.

Hope the Niners respond well to yesterdayā€™s gameā€¦gotta be about 9-3 OOC in my opinionā€¦Toledo was not a game I expected in the L column.

As others as have stated, I donā€™t necessarily think Toledo is a ā€œgoodā€ loss. For me though, itā€™s so early in the season, the loss weā€™ll be perceived depending on how the team responds. Is it a blip amongst a future 9-3 OOC record? Or is it foreshadow amongst a future 6-6 record.

With Davidson, Valpo, Arkansas, GW and WF still to come, I would have felt more confident of 9-3 with a win against Toledo.

They lost by 21 to Oakland (Mich). Good teams tend not to do that. They pretty much never do.

1 Like

As a reminder, anyone having problems with your Flo please see your doctor

Anybody got Gregg Marshallā€™s #?

2 Likes

Oakland has beat Ok State, lost by 7 to WVU, and then was blown out by Bama.