2021-22 MBB - Charlotte @ Rice, 1/22 3:00 PM ESPN+

I just want to win and will always root for us to be victorious.

7 Likes

Go Niners!

5 Likes

Really have been pulling for Ron to win, win so much that some other school hires him.

1 Like

Lol that isnā€™t happening any time soon.

I am happy our team won today. I will never root against them. I hope Ron is super successful and leads us back to the promised land. If he does not, I will support the next coach.
Not watching games, then commenting about the outcome is messed up. I see how hard the kids are playing, I see the coaches working hard and pushing to get better. Maybe if you watched our games you would see the effort and determination as well.
If Ron and his staff was horrible, this team would have rolled over today after last two games on the road. They didnā€™t. They fought. I respect that and will root for that every game.

7 Likes

One quick noteā€¦We won the second half in this one. We were +9 in the second half.

5 Likes

Since I didnā€™t watchā€¦how determined were they and how hard did they work in that 30 point loss to FAU? About as hard as the 20 pt loss vs Davidson or that 20 pt loss against Drexel?? Or that loss last year against Belmont Abbey? Iā€™ve seen how hard these coaches coach and how hard these players play under Sanchezā€¦donā€™t need to watch it anymore.

Sanchezā€™ system and his coaching is ruining some real talent. I feel AWFUL for these poor kids. They are a really talented and deep group that are painfully underachieving because of Sanchez. They deserve better thatā€™s for sure.

Yes they did play hard in those games. How bout our close loss to Wake that just beat Carolina by over 20 points?

Haters gonna hate.

Go Niners!

4 Likes

NET rating 181
Ken Pom 208

Thats realityā€¦ not hating.

This really is a tough situation for a fan. It just feels wrong to pull against your team but we also know that if a coach hasnā€™t figured it out in 4 years heā€™s not likely to ever figure it out. Itā€™s kind of like your Dr telling you if your hemorrhoids get big enough he can do surgery & youā€™ll be completely cured. But until then youā€™ll just have to deal with the pain in the ass. Do you hope your hemorrhoids get ginormous so you can get rid of them or do you just try to manage the pain & burning & hope that it doesnā€™t flare up for the rest of your life?

2 Likes

Iā€™m just happy they got the win

Andā€¦ Itā€™s hilarious and telling that our best win of the year is a lossā€¦to Wake Forest. Actually itā€™s sad. But thatā€™s where we are. A loss is our best win. Weā€™re prioritizing moral victories now. Great!

Againā€¦ Reality not hating.

This is what we are really after, and gawd damnit they will earn it

That was remarkable. I canā€™t remember the last time we came back from a halftime deficit (of 5+ pts) on the road and wonā€¦

Could have sworn the Rice announcers also said that Rice hasnā€™t beaten anyone that they didnā€™t have a 10+ pt lead on at some time during the game, so when we hung around, I knew it was possible.

Never said that our best win was a close loss to Wake. This team fights for their coach and each other. They were down big to Wake and came fighting back, unlike the Heels who got down and rolled over.

I will never understand how a few people on this board can root against this team just so you can say you were ā€œrightā€ about a coach and/or grind your personal axe against the administration.

I said it before I will root for this team and let the year play out. I expect Hill to then assess and make decisions. My guess is no matter what decision he makes the same posters will take issue.
How bout coming to or watch a game and cheer with the rest of us fans? This whole team, coaches included, are giving it their best. I am looking forward to see how this season plays out.
Go Niners!

9 Likes

Ron disagrees. He just said after FAU that the effort by the players wasnā€™t there and that he canā€™t coach that.

Heā€™s a loser. And a narcissist.

Ron will never be a winner. Ever. Heā€™s a career assistant because heā€™s not a leader.

1 Like

Well their best is good enough to get us to bad team status, high 100s, low 200s in rankings. The coaches best effort is mediocrity or worse. Time to go. We arenā€™t paying collective salaries of over $1 million a year for them to try hard.

Letā€™s get these players a new coach and send them dancing next year. They deserve it, especially Jahmir.

Surprised we pulled this one out with the home cooking Rice was getting throughout the game. Part of the reason we had so many turnovers was Rice was allowed to hack across our guysā€™ arms every time they dribbled inside the three point line, but not called the same way on the other end. Missing those front ends was frustrating, but the team played good defense and didnā€™t give them good looks in the last minute and didnā€™t foul (regardless what the homer announcer was saying).

Rooting for the team to lose is disgraceful. If the coach is as bad as you think, heā€™ll do poorly enough to result in what you want. If anything, posting this publicly hurts your cause.

7 Likes

Happy we won. Road wins are never easy and after the last two games this is where things could have really gone sideways.

The oddest thing about Ronā€™s teams is it seems miserable to play how he seems to want to play. He appears to suck the fun out of playing, but the team hasnā€™t quit and he has managed to hold onto important talent even though we arenā€™t winning. It is confounding really.

I agree. The stretch we had to end the season last year was just horrific. You could see the team had given up in their body language. I was really surprised we kept the players we did. Heā€™s doing something right there.

This year, the effort is there it seems. I believe we have more talent than in a long time. I donā€™t see us sustaining that, but I hope Iā€™m wrong.

My gut says we will have to have another change before having hope. Ron, youā€™re welcome to prove me wrong.