2021-22 MBB Charlotte vs Wake Forest @ Spectrum Center, 12/17 9:00 PM ACC Network

From Beacons to Deacons, Niners (5-4, NET #203) and Wake (9-1, NET #31) face off in the final game of the Basketball Hall of Fame Shootout quadruple-header in uptown Charlotte at the Spectrum Center on Friday, December 17th. Marks Niners sixth game at the home of the NBA Buzz and 12th all-time meeting with the Deacs (8-3 vs CLT). “Good Guys” won the most recent matchup two years ago in Halton 67-65 in OT.

1 Like

This Wake Forest team is apparently better than the one we beat two years ago in Halton Arena.

I wonder if this game starts closer to 10pm if games prior were to run long.

I have three tickets I can no longer use. Lower level in 116 - DM me if interested.

Their record is 9-1, but their strength of schedule is 337th according to Sagarin.

Last year Clemson beat wake 60-39 with Trapp’s stat line below… hopefully Trapp somehow finds his offense this game.

1 Like

I dont understand what is going on with Clyde. He obviously has the talent. Is he disinerested? hates the system? I have no idea.

This Wake team has not played a difficult schedule up to this point. They average 81 points. Alondes Williams, a transfer from Oklahoma, having a great season average 18 points a game. We’ve had some success against Wake outside of Winston-Salem, hopefully it happens again Friday.

We’ve had one common opponent with Wake. We both played USC Upstate. Wake won by 26 and we won by 2. Upstate was on the road for both games.

They have a big starting lineup.

Don’t worry, Vasic is tall.

I think Trapp is a fantastic athlete with not that great a feel for the game. Sort of reminds me of Russel Westbrook.

1 Like

Will be facing the ACC POTW:

We won by 12. Wasnt that close but still this game seems like it will be within 10.

Typo on my part on the point differential. They will have a 1 to 2 inch size advantage at every position.
Rebounding well will be important. If I can find it on the TV I’ll watch a little of their game against VMI tonight.

That’s what their Moms and GFs also said.

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

1 Like

Anna Kendrick GIF by Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates

Actually played a couple of neutral court games in Florida last month - W vs Oregon State and L vs LSU.

VMI led Wake 42-29 at halftime and up 8 at the under 12 timeout. Hmm…

Deacs close on a 20-5 run to beat Keydets 77-70. VMI led 65-57 with 7+ minutes to go.

Wake pulls this one out. 77-70. Big disparity in free throws. Wake shot 28 out of 31. I think VMI made 6 attempts. Williams kid from WF scored 36. We’ll have to play very well to beat them this year.

1 Like