2021-22 MBB - Davidson @ Charlotte, 11/30 7:00 PM Stadium

Let me just go ahead and get this started. DAVIDSON SUCKS! F THEM!

3 Likes

The highlight of last year was beating them. Hopefully we do it again.

2 Likes

Cats are good but not invincible. Blew out CAA preseason favorite Delaware at home then lost to WAC fav New Mexico State in MBI.

Expectations for this game: purchase and consume one or more Pick Axe & Roll Pale Ales at Halton Arena.

4 Likes

Davidson has 5 players averaging double figures this year, 4 of which shoot over 40% from the field. They are averaging almost 10 made 3s per game on over 40% shooting from outside.

We’ll try to run them off the three point line, resulting in many back door layups.

They struggled with ECU and have a few losses that don’t look great. I think we can and should take them.

How long before the game does McKillop emerge from his crypt?

1 Like

This annual game will be more interesting once we move to the AAC. One team or the other has usually been a much better basketball league, with Davidson now holding the obvious advantage, just as we did during their Southern Conference tenure.

Wouldn’t say the 2 losses look bad. New Mexico State is a perennial “dancer” with 15 NCAA appearances over past couple of decades and is again favored to win the WAC this season. Upstart San Francisco is 8-0 and #33 per Pomerory whose wins also include Nevada and C-USA favorite UAB.

Sadly, now even without Davidson, the SoCon is the better MBB league.

I saw San Fran beat UAB. They have a legit center who runs the floor well and can finish inside.

Dude had 23 and 13 vs UAB. UAB has some athletic bigs but they couldn’t guard him - he was working them.

The rest of their team is solid but that big man is what differentiates them. UAB is a good team, and probably a favorite to win CUSA. USF was better.

Davidson’s Message Board

https://davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28483&sid=4781d88134e2bb2d849799a4312b1ace

I don’t know I would classify “no web fees” as a cyber Monday deal.

I’m surprised the AD didn’t come up with some package to get butts in the seat for the remaining games. Like a buy 3 game, get 3 games free deal.

2 Likes

Link to watch:

1 Like
1 Like

They ought to show this awesome NINER moment.

5 Likes

Would there be a lot of people who are not currently going to games who would commit their time to six of them?

A lot of people buy stuff they shouldn’t thinking it’s such a great deal.

Web fees are like $2-3 per ticket. That’s not cyber Monday worthy.

1 Like