2021-22 MBB - FAU @ Charlotte • Senior Day Game • 2/26 4:00 PM ESPN+

The four seniors will be honored on Saturday in the penultimate home game of the season.

Austin Butler:

Perry Francois:

Marvin Cannon:

Clyde Trapp Jr.:

1 Like

After getting blasted by this team last outing, it will take a supreme effort by us to have any chance to pull off the upset. Hope the team is in a better mindset than me to get it done.

1 Like

FAU is not the same team on the road. They beat ODU by 19 at home and lost by 19 on the road.

We win this game and take sole possession on 3rd place. If WKU loses to MTSU we will be tied for 2nd in the East.

2 Likes

Having divisons for basketball is so silly. We are currently tied for 7th in the conference. The divisional rankings just makes things look so much rosier than they really are, which is dead middle.

Being in the vastly inferior eastern division contributes to the contorted view of where we really stand in a pretty bad conference too.

2nd place in the east will give us a double bye in the tournament.

4 Likes

Daniel49er please don’t attempt to highlight a positive for this program. It will be met by the same 3-4 posters of doom and gloom. They want nothing more than for us to lose and then lose so more so that a mythical new coach, or Bobby, will come.

I share your excitement about a potential double bye that could lead to a tournament win and a NCAA berth. Most likely won’t happen but you can’t do it unless you have the opportunity.

Go Niners. Oh and there will be a brief pause while the same posters rev up the I hate Sanchez machine.

8 Likes

I’m not a Sanchez hater, I hate having a crappy program. Twist it how you choose. I hope we go on a 10 game winning streak, I just realize it’s not happening.

For the record if we finish second and get a double bye, it’ll be the first freaking positive since he’s been here….

3 Likes

ESPN BPI gives Niners 58.3% chance of winning:

BTW, FAU on a 4 game losing streak.

5 Likes

jAcQnD3Z

From the official announcement:

Here’s hoping we do a little better against a team whose colors include red, considering the outcomes vs Arkansas, Davidson, LA Tech, WKU (twice), and - of course - the first meeting with the Owls!

Wrong. Winning the most games at home ever a couple of years ago was pretty positive. Make it fit your narritive though.

1 Like

I think most peoples only “agenda” is to have a championship caliber Niners team. Something Ron Sanchez seems utterly incapable of doing. Anything else is just fluff.

When you have to force “accomplishments” down peoples throats because you dont have broad, easily recognizable success to rely on, you know you arent doing it right. Just ask CHP in his radio interview.

Winning 13 homes games is pretty good but when you offset it with an away loss it kinda becomes a nothing stat.

That’s the whole difference I suppose. 16-13 and a quick conf tourney loss is fine with you I guess. I want more. Sorry if that offends you.

Getting a double bye is huge. I’m not a fan of Ron but if he wants another year this is the start. Go Fn win the damn thing.

1 Like

Man, I’m gonna miss Butler. He’s been clutch for us this year. His grit and confidence are inspiring. Kummeresque.

6 Likes

Oh nothing offended me. Just fact checking. Breaking records is typically positive.

2 Likes

Breaking records beating ymca caliber teams to do it doesn’t impress many people…

Some sad people were also impressed we beat Marshall… Arguably the worst team in the league. The bar is so low now almost anything can impress some people.

Wanna impress someone? Win the sh!tty conference were in… Win the conference tournament… Win 20 games against this weak @ss schedule…

OH yeah and don’t lose to Belmont Abbey… At home… Ever.