2021-22 MBB - UMES @ Charlotte, 12/20 7:00 PM CUSA.tv

Yeah we were up 29-15 when I posted that. Then reality set in.

Ha!! Just checked the tickerā€¦up 1ā€¦Sanchez Farewell Tour 2022 baybee!!!

Since we have only outscored 1 team all year in the 2nd halfā€¦I kinda like UMNESPT to win this one and lock down one more nail in the Sanchez coffin.

Good riddance!!

Spoke too soon.

FHGHkZcUYAIFW9z.

Jallow with 10 pts in his Niner debut! :+1:

5 Likes

For realā€¦Iā€™ve stopped watching this sh!tshow and Iā€™m just looking at the box score. But the box score seems to confirm a few things I noticed earlier this season before I pulled the plugā€¦

Why does Threadgill & Vasic play at all?

And I know Musa played (and looked like he played well) but we played 10 players and Garcia gets a DNP?? Hurt? Sick?

Itā€™s good to see us cover as a double digit favorite!

2 Likes

Was frustrating to watch us go on those scoring droughts when we tried to run our offense. But in the 2nd half, we decided to just spread them out and beat them one on oneā€¦ Over and over. I have given Sanchez grief but he finally made an adjustment. And it worked.

Musa Jallow was +30 tonight. Wow. Helluva debut.

4 Likes

Jallow will be a big asset going into conference play

4 Likes

Jallow was very good. Sanchez should have made an adjustment with Aly. He is the best player the first 4 minutes of every game and then gets tired. He should be really good about 15 minutes per game. At one point, our 3 guards had 29 of 43 rebounds. Thatā€™s a problem

3 Likes

Listened to Jallow on the postgameā€¦ Liked what I heard. He will be an asset to the team going forward.

1 Like

FYI, our leading rebounders going into this game (30 rpg as a team thru Dec 17th):

Butler 6.3 rpg

Trapp 6.2 rpg

Young 5.9 rpg

Khalifa 4.3 rpg

I said it the last game threadā€¦as big as Khalifa is, we need more than 2 rebounds a half from him. I love his game otherwise.

2 Likes

Rebound per minute is a better stat than per game when comparing players.

Did he happen to say why he had been out?

Did you watch Garcia last Friday?

Yes. He had surgeries on both ankles. 2 on one, 1 on the other. He said itā€™s the best he has felt in about 2 years.

He also said on that dunk, thatā€™s where he normally takes off from, but he doesnā€™t have his legs just yet. (He still finished the dunk).

He was a very impressive interview. Think he will bring a lot to the team.

3 Likes

VERY encouraged by Jallow. Imagine if he plays full starter minutes.

1 Like

We were running our offense the first 10 minutes and scoring at a 100 point a game clip. Second ten minutes not so much.

This. Looked like we would easily get 50 in the first half and the we stalled big time.

1 Like