2021-22 MBB - UMES @ Charlotte, 12/20 7:00 PM CUSA.tv

Switched to a zone for a hot minute Iā€™m pretty sure. Donā€™t think they scored on it, then went back to whatever D we try to play.

Official attendance 2092. Seemed like less

Yeah, that was the lowest attendance I can remember ever

1 Like

The team took 20 3pt shots and our best 3 point shooter Braswell took 1 of them and made it. Braswell needs way more shots in the game.

5 Likes

No thatā€™s why I asked. I have literally stopped watching since the Bahamas.

Yep, packed a zone in for a minute, they did score on it.
Glad to see he mixed it up though. Thought we should have went to a zone when Wakeā€™s Williams was performing his highlight dunks on us.
Jallow understands the game.

3 Likes

Then stop commenting on shit you dont know about.

2 Likes

Sorry prob too harsh. But as negative as you are you should prob gave visual evidence to back it up not just studying the boxscore.

**have

Againā€¦ Thatā€™s why I asked. The box score lines for Vasic and Threadgil every game are embarrassing. Was honestly curious what they look like on the court because per the box score they appear to contribute nothing. Sorryā€¦ Just curious.

One thing I noticed during the drought in the first half, is that there were a couple of turnovers from guys missing a pass or getting caught trying to do too much, but also, I think we missed 3 WIDE OPEN 3sā€¦defenders werenā€™t even in the same zip code open. Jahmir also missed a dunk. Also, they had back-to-back 3s which cut the 14 point lead in half in one minute. It was frustrating to watch, but it does feel like in every game we have that. Otherwise, thought it was a good performance against an inferior team. 16 point, relatively comfortable win.

4 Likes

Vasic is coming in for Aly. Is Garcia now 3rd string

When we have scoring droughts, I want to see the team take it to the hole. Get an easy bucket or a foul. Some of the wide open 3s during the drought weā€™re created by someone driving and dishing.

Wished we drove and took the layup versus the pass. I was sitting behind the other basket, so maybe the layup was not there. The refs were also letting a lot of contact go.

I wonder how Francois practices? Not much game tape, but he looks like a guy who wants to try. IIRC he played a good number of minutes last school. He looks like he can at least rebound, which is something we could use more of from the 5 spot.

Garcia definitely looks like he is in the dawg house. I am not a fan of Vasic at the 5 as he is not an interior defender. UMES was short, so maybe that had something to do with the rotation.

Net Ranking jumped up to 165 after the win last night. Margin of victory/loss has to be a key metric driving the Net ranking.

Iā€™m starting to get the feeling some people want us to be around a 150 team, fifth in a bad conference in perpetuity. Or maybe we get to an amazing 125 ranking sometime and win 17 games and miss out on the entire post season. Itā€™s got to be Stockholm syndrome because nothing else makes sense.

Sanchez is going to have a way less loaded roster next year. He is one game over .500 right now in year four. I donā€™t see how anyone can logically say that if we have a pretty good year and show improvement that he should be around next year, knowing we will have way less talent.

And as far as visuals go, try 36-55 or .396, whichever way you take it. That visual tells me everything I need to know.