2021-22 MBB - UTSA @ Charlotte, 1/15 1:00 PM ESPN+

A lot of missed open looks though

2 Likes

I have to know. Why is Threadgill playing and NOT Braswell?? Is he hurt…did he get into it w the coach…what is it??

We’ve got to get better at rebounding if we want to have a chance against better teams/putting something together this season and going on a run.

2 Likes

We are getting destroyed on offensive rebounds

2 Likes

They had 19 offensive rebounds, we had 5

1 Like

Good to get the win but it was not a pretty one

1 Like

That is Sanchez’ M.O.

It’s never pretty. Wins or Losses.

clt looks forward to selection Sunday, we r back!

FJKwoiPVQAAgEzn

1 Like

We SHOULD have blown them out by 40. We win by single digits because of sloppy play. Could have seen our NET ranking improve, but now we’ll see it drop because of this.

3 Likes

Karen >>> Karen

1 Like

Pretty much.

It took us until 14:38 to hit 40 pts, which we should have had in the first half.

1 Like
1 Like

Good W. We’re gonna struggle on O at times because we just don’t have a true go to guy.

We’re better than I thought. The small line up I really like although you cant play it against just anybody. Sanchez has them playing hard and it looks like they’re buying in much better than in the past. I think he’s cooled his jets a bit too.

Looking forward to seeing how we play going forward

3 Likes

Nice to see Threadgill with back to back double figure scoring games :clap:

2 Likes

Two wins after a three week pause isn’t bad. Travelling and playing again on Monday will be a challenge.

4 Likes

Honestly, to me, it looks like he has abandoned almost all of his offensive philosophy and is just letting this group of guys play. My worry is that we have the most talent we are likely to have for a few years and we will regress after this group is gone.

We are winning in spite of coaching and scheme, not because of it.

Going to be interesting to see us play an actual decent team too.

Not sure what you mean by “abandoning offensive philosophy”? Seems to me we have the talent to run a different offense that we did not have last two years. I have seen more back door passes leading to layups in the last 4 games than I have seen in last 10 years.
Should we have won by more, yes. Main reason we didn’t is we missed 6 or 7 wide open 3s in last 8 minutes of first half.
Good win on tired legs. Monday will be a challenge given long lay-off and 3 games in 5 days.
Go Niners keep pounding.

5 Likes

When we have scoring droughts, we have to have some plays that will get us easy points.

For a while, this game reminded me of The Belmont Abbey. Glad we were able to do enough to win.