2021-22 Men's Basketball Schedule & Opponents 🏀

You mean the same refs in the game where ark didn’t get to the 1 and 1 until 45 seconds left in the game and the zags were in the double bonus almost half of the 2nd half? Those refs? :laughing:

1 Like

Yea. I didn’t see CBS replaying foul calls against Arkansas and having their off site expert explain those to be bad calls like at least 2 of the fouls on Gonzaga’s 7 footer. Fouling him out on bogus calls had to have a big influence on the outcome. They also replayed Ark stepping out of bounds without a call just before making a crucial three pointer. Just because the fouls were lopsided doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have been more lopsided.

2 Likes

Gonzaga didn’t get jobbed. Timme walks almost every time he touches the ball and the G took about 4 Euro steps at the hoop. The Euro step aka walking

1 Like

Hate the “euro” step. It is traveling. Got called in every Y league and church league I played in.
They also allow way more than 3 seconds in the lane and allow players to drag their pivot foot 2 feet with no call

I think this tournament shows how poor adherence to the rules is creating an ugly game to watch. Becoming like the NBA. One on ones and chunking up 3s.

They need to clean it up if it is not already too late

1 Like

Super Bowl Sport GIF by BioSteel

clt says the refs hate chet

The way I have seen the ‘euro step’ defined, it isn’t traveling. If you allow for two steps as part of the shooting motion, the ‘euro step’ is only two steps. It looks like more because of the change in direction.

Game of interest, Mar 26 - Final:

:basketball: #4 Arkansas 69
#2 Duke 78
NCAAT West Regional, San Francisco

Final 2021-22 NET rankings (as of Mar 13th):

OOC foes:

20 Arkansas
41 Davidson
48 Wake Forest
75 Toledo
144 Monmouth
160 App State