2021-22 Men's Basketball Schedule & Opponents 🏀

Per Goodman, Niners will also scrimmage Wofford. And as we know, the UGA game is actually a public charity event.

Why do we not play the big four NC ACC teams on a regular schedule, outside of Wake Forest, we never schedule NC State, Duke, or UNC, wouldn’t this be great for recruiting and for our fan base, other smaller programs within the state seem to always manage to schedule these teams

“Other smaller programs…” wth?

2 Likes

It isn’t our choice.

4 Likes

I think the assumed general consensus is that those schools gain nothing by playing us however would lose a lot by losing to us.

1 Like

You must be new to this program.

2 Likes

clt says they won’t play us because we can beat them

1 Like

We are a smaller program, in terms of national recognition, credentials, prestige, and revenue, and by other programs I mean App St, East Carolina, UNC Greensboro etc

Why, did i miss something, do we play Duke, UNC, and NC State on a regular basis, I am not new to the program, outside of Wake Forest who do we play on a regular basis in the ACC

No,those things have nothing to do with the term “small”. That’s just lazy and yes, you did miss something. Playing those teams more has been a consistent topic for literally 40 years within our fanbase. If you dont know the answer to this question, then yes, you MUST be new to this program.

3 Likes

They do not want to play us because we have beaten or can beat them in multiple sports. ECU had to get the state legislature to force UNC and NC State to play them about 20 years ago. Unfortunately, we do not have that kind of pull. Those schools want nothing to do with helping us in any way whether in sports or academically. We are big enough to be considered competition.

BTW, welcome to the program! Many of us grew up following other schools. Despite the frustrations of being a G5 program in a saturated college market, I am proud to be a Niner. It is who I am and will always be to my core. Thank you for joining the family.

3 Likes

We used to be a legit challenge to them. Beating us gained them nothing but losing to us further strengthened our position in the state and looked bad on them.

3 Likes

Wow, just wow

Old Lady Memories GIF by IFHT Films

4 Likes

We don’t need to play them. We never get a fair shake when we do. Basketball, baseball, soccer, we have had so many wins taken from us from unfair officiating that I’d prefer to not play them at this point.

5 Likes

This. The biased officiating in these contests is sickening.

2 Likes

Arkansas #16 in the initial AP Top 25 poll.

Deacs #13:

Hogs #3; UGA #14: