A-10

6 Davidson
11 GW

Missouri Valley

6 Valpo

And reposting this SEC preview:

#24 Arkansas (4th in SEC)

1 Like

3MW SoCon preview predicts Justin Grayā€™s debut at Western Carolina will be a rough one with the Catamounts picked #10:

I just noticed the grad asst on WCUā€¦ Vince Grier (fr on Niners season 2002-03)

1 Like

Wow. Thatā€™s a blast from the past.

Rumor had it that Grier was involved in a pregame locker room fight with a team mate before transferring out to Minnesota. One of the most athletically gifted guys to ever play here.
I had to go on the WCU website to confirm it was the same Vincent Grier. Unbelievable!

1 Like

He punched Calvin Clemmons in the eye before the game

Wonder if we beat State if he was still on the roster in '05.

Just got an email about a charity game vs georgia at 3:00 pm on 10/24.

The Charlotte menā€™s basketball program has announced the addition of a preseason exhibition contest against SEC foe, Georgia on Sunday, Oct. 24 at 3 p.m. at Halton Arena, ahead of its 2021-22 campaign.

This will be a rematch of the Niners contest with the Bulldogs ahead of the 2019-20 season, a game that saw the Anthony Edwards led Bulldogs, defeat CLT, 77-69, inside Halton Arena.

Tickets will be $15 with the event being General Admission seating. A net profit of the ticket revenue from the exhibition will be donated to the Jamil Niner Student Pantry on Charlotteā€™s campus.

AN UNCONVENTIONAL REMATCH

The last time the teams met in 2019, the Niners were led in scoring by Jordan Shepherd who dropped in a team-high 16 points on 7-of-17 shooting from the field.

Current junior guard, Jahmir Young shined in his first-ever appearance in a 49er uniform, finishing the contest with 14 points on 5-of-12 shooting from the field and a game-high-tying seven rebounds.

FOR A GOOD CAUSE

The net proceeds from the exhibition contest will be given to the Jamil Niner Student Pantry. Fans who would like to donate to the Food Pantry can find that information HERE.

Fans attending the contest between the Bulldogs and 49ers will also be able to bring canned goods and non-perishable items to donate ahead of the holiday season.

ABOUT THE JAMIL NINER STUDENT PANTRY

The Jamil Niner Student Pantry provides food assistance to UNC Charlotte undergraduate and graduate students who struggle with food insecurity. In 2013, the USDA defined food insecurity as a condition that occurs when people do not have enough resources to feed themselves. The pantry offers a variety of nutritious foods on a weekly basis to currently registered UNC Charlotte students.

TICKET INFORMATION

All tickets for the preseason showdown will be $15 and the entire arena will be general admission. Students will be admitted in free with presentation of their student ID, but donations are encouraged. Student guest tickets will also be $15.

2 Likes
1 Like

That is a very thoroughly researched and discussed preview.

That said, if we finish 8th, even if the league is as improved as the author suspects, I will be very disappointed. We have to be much much better than that.

I agree. Finishing 8th would be a disappointment for me as well

1 Like

I pretty much agree with the write up.

Would love to see Khalifa show that he should start.

I also hope that Ron will use his bench more than he has in the past.

Lastly, concerned with the end of the bench guys staying and not transferring going into 2022-2023 since they are the younger guys on the team. Hopefully, winning ball games will alleviate that concern.

Well the bench guys should see all the 1 yr guys and hope they get a lot more minutes next year. Ron needs to reload on transfers year after yearā€¦ or the following year wonā€™t be pretty and most likely be like last year.

Im gonna say 8th place is a good chance Ron gets let go. Thatā€™s not gonna get it done for Mike.

2 Likes

Strongly agree. We need to make a lot of Boise this season.

If Ron doesnā€™t get this team to top 2 in CUSA he needs the boot.

Great preview by 3MW! Definitely agree with picks 1-4, as well as all conference first team selections.

Could see us finishing higher, though I understand - for the most part - his 5-7 choices when factoring in the reputation of the respective coaches in that grouping. I do have some reservations about Joe Golding implementing his system that quickly with the Miners, but weā€™ll see.

Anyway, C-USA is loaded this year. Should be make for an entertaining season.