2021 49ers Football Season

Not a doctor but why not have surgery to correct the torn labrum especially if you want to keep your spot?

Maybe that is considered toughā€¦but he was not a very good QB with the torn labrum torn. Have to assume without repairing it he would be just as limited this year.

Seems to meā€¦not having the surgery puts him at a HUGE disadvantage if he really wants to compete with a former 4 star QB for the starting nod.

Soā€¦Iā€™m confused on thisā€¦what am I missing??

1 Like

I knew he was hurt, but to me playing a whole year with a torn labrum is a little different.

I donā€™t know if it was posted he had a torn labrum specifically, but many knew the nature of the injury.

From some googling, surgery is not always needed, sometimes just PT and time.

1 Like

Not surprising. This is another example of why Healy wants his own guys.

His own guys would jump to an SEC job too, so would he.

3 Likes

USC has also hired Greg Adkins, our old OL coach and OC, from the ex-
Marshall staff.

Didnā€™t our tight ends coach go to Louisville

3 Likes

https://footballscoop.com/news/a-conference-usa-school-has-basically-annexed-one-of-fcss-best-offenses/

In six weeks, Western Kentucky has secured one of FCSā€™s top young offensive coordinators, one of the subdivisionā€™s most productive quarterbacks, and his top three receivers.

Zappe and the Huskies put up 480 pass yards and three scores at North Texas, 406 and five scores at LA Tech, and 380 and three scores at Eastern Kentucky, but the most notable performance was against Kittleyā€™s former school.

At Texas Tech, Zappe completed 30-of-49 passes for 567 yards with four touchdowns, as the Huskies dropped a 35-33 heartbreaker even though they entered the game as 40-point underdogs. The 567 pass yards were the most ever for an FCS player against an FBS defense. At 458.3 yards per game, Zappeā€™s average ranks 83.3 yards above the leading FBS passer (Kyle Trask of Florida ā€“ 375 yards per game) in 2020.

This is a good podcast. Delivers a Suck it to 7-14 Mike Houston.

1 Like

Anyone have any images from graduation at the stadium? It appears we had additional grandstands on the visitor side. Wonder if they will stay up until football season.

Try this

1 Like

Yep, thats a great time lapse videoā€¦why canā€™t we just keep those up indefinitely? Its amazing how much better it looks just with that relatively small addition.

We definitely need them up for the Duke game. Someone in another thread said the biggest expense for the extra seats was putting them up. The academic side of the university paid for the installation. Makes sense to leave them up!

2 Likes

I agreeā€¦and add more too. :slight_smile:

I think the key on keeping them up is if the company would allow them to remain up all summer. Our AD wants to keep them up for sure. Doesnā€™t look like its as extensive as the App ones were. Probably need to add another section or two.

1 Like