2021 49ers Football Season

3 Likes

That time lapse is from a pretty good distance but those look more permanent than the ones brought in for the app game. Is it possible we bought them or rented them longterm?

So these bleacher shown would add roughly 1500- 2000 seats?

Screen shot from the time lapse.

Still looks high school ish.

We need some permanent bleachers, preferably with some sun shading due to how hot that side of the stadium gets, but I get it… Money.

Hope I stick around this planet long enough to see it happen one day. Maybe in 40 years or so.

When it comes to 49ers sports related topics I ere on the side of skepticism, that way when something good happens I can be ecstatic about it.

1 Like

It is only 110 days until the Duke game. Maybe the bleachers stay

Anything short of perm is going to look half assing it but we need to do what we need to to get the additional revenue for those big games. I put in the facilities plan - unlike prev admin, this one is working on the expansion and it will happen as soon as we have the funding locked in.

I know the arguments for expanding our half empty stadium now, but I think if Healy can put an exciting, winning team on the field and we can basically fill the stadium, AND then go bigger for the Maryland game it would sure give us momentum to get the expansion done. Mike Hill needs our help.

2 Likes

Aparently not:

I know Mike wanted to keep the temps up but wasn’t sure if they could rent them that long or if there were other guidelines on them.

When does the athletic department start selling away game football tickets?

I dont think those sales happen until well into the summer.

1 Like
3 Likes

Sorry they aren’t the best quality pics, but we were tailgating for baseball and took notice. Tried to get up as high as I could to see inside the stadium, but was more concerned with consuming beverages and Bojangles.

We need a live cam from the Field house!!!

Really interested to see what the Hill, Fuller, Healy train cooks up for the field, love the basketball court and locker room reno for football.

I always thought the old field was a drag, almost as cookie cutter as our first set of jerseys and helmets.

1 Like

Yeah, I am very curious what the new look will be. Wonder if they will go with unique or more traditional?

I hope it’s nothing like EMU (gray), Boise (blue) or Eastern Washington (red). We can do our own signature field without getting gimmicky.

I’m in the less is more camp. But I’m usually outnumbered on that. I just like understated.

Green colored field would be pretty unique.

4 Likes

The camera would be a great idea!!!

These images are out there for a tailgating table and a rug I’ve seen. I would expect something similar.

EDIT: Actually, I think with our branding rules, the C cannot have a border like the one on the rug.

1 Like

I am still struggling with our blue tennis courts, let’s keep the football field traditional.

https://charlotte49ers.com/galleries/womens-tennis/wten-vs-vcu/clt-athletics/803/15570